Any of you P2 guys gone lithium

If so how did it impact performance, did you have to change prop, set up etc. I'm a bit nervous about taking that much wieght outa the back of boat as it is a little squirrelly now. I'm running 23 fury if that helps with the equation.

2. Member
    I’m wondering the same for my Puma. Taking out 3 12 volt agm’s and putting in one 36 volt lithium tomorrow. Worst case scenario I figured I’d just put a couple of the old agm’s back in there unhooked just for the weight
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

3. Member
    I have a 2006 pantera classic and after switching to lithium trolling motor batteries I had to lower the motor due to loss of bow lift and top end. Lowering the motor has helped get me back to where I was along with always making sure I keep my 10gal kicker tank in the bilge full of fuel as well.

4. Member
    I’m installing 2 50ah IonicBlueBatteries, and a 12ah tomorrow. 2022 p2. Im hopping for the best.
    2022 Bass Cat P2…Pro XS 200

5. Member
    I went lithium before I really ever ran it other than test drive. One of the old batteries was dead when I bought the boat and I got a smokin deal on my lithiums. I think my holeshot may have suffered slightly but I didn't have a baseline to compare it to. I learned to drive the boat as it was and don't have any issues at all with it. I am going to start to tweak a few things to see what I can get out of it, gonna play with jackplate (manual) height and whatnot. With my 26 Trophy Plus I can get 68-69, two people loaded heavy. With the 24 Trophy Plus I was running this weekend I was getting 65 with three people in the boat and it got there right quick. Mind you this is on a 2008 model with a 200 Opti.

6. Member
    I did on my 2021. I have not noticed a lot of difference. I think I was already somewhat low with the engine, so I do not think I need to lower it. I also run a Bravo. I may have less bow lift, but cannot really say for certain. Mid range and hole shot were so phenomenal before, that I doubt I would be able to notice an improvement.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    I did on my 2021. I have not noticed a lot of difference. I think I was already somewhat low with the engine, so I do not think I need to lower it. I also run a Bravo. I may have less bow lift, but cannot really say for certain. Mid range and hole shot were so phenomenal before, that I doubt I would be able to notice an improvement.

I have the same year and same engine. I added hydraulic jack plate so moving it around is no big deal. Good to hear. Hopefully the fury 23 doesn't hate it.

8. Member
    I am following this closely. Though I have a 2 stroke and a older boat but same hull. I'm very old school and believe in lead acid for trollers. I might convert to lithiums one day. I read alot and have a friend that the conversion has cost alot of unnecessary $$$ to make conversion to lithium. Makes me wonder if it's worth it. Just lowering the motor didn't work for him. Changing the prop also helped get his performance back but not all. A p2 hull should at least run 71mpg give or take +2 - 2 everyday of the week. Adding another prop(550 +) is not a big savings over lead acid(alot cheaper). I figured in the near models Bcb has made tweaks in the hull just for lithium. In mycase and model yr my hull was not designed for lithium. But...... newer models the lithium was figured in the hull tweaks. I like lithium and have a lithium house battery, so I do see some benifits
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redngoo View Post
    I am following this closely. Though I have a 2 stroke and a older boat but same hull. I'm very old school and believe in lead acid for trollers. I might convert to lithiums one day. I read alot and have a friend that the conversion has cost alot of unnecessary $$$ to make conversion to lithium. Makes me wonder if it's worth it. Just lowering the motor didn't work for him. Changing the prop also helped get his performance back but not all. A p2 hull should at least run 71mpg give or take +2 - 2 everyday of the week. Adding another prop(550 +) is not a big savings over lead acid(alot cheaper). I figured in the near models Bcb has made tweaks in the hull just for lithium. In mycase and model yr my hull was not designed for lithium. But...... newer models the lithium was figured in the hull tweaks. I like lithium and have a lithium house battery, so I do see some benifits

So I messaged ionic. The charger that came on my 2021 p2 will charge their 12v 50 amp in agm mode. In theory all I have to do is wire them up.

I added Lithiums to my 2010 PII way back then. I did not notice a difference in performance but I did add Power Poles at the same time. Going Lithium made plenty of room for the pumps.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WAWI View Post
    So I messaged ionic. The charger that came on my 2021 p2 will charge their 12v 50 amp in agm mode. In theory all I have to do is wire them up.
    e
    I ordered my boat with the PC charger because I knew I would switch eventually. The install was cake. I bought terminal expanders for the crank to keep from having so many rings on one terminal. Easily one of the best things I have ever done to a boat. Back in, plug in, walk inside. The Noco charge port was a great addition as well.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

12. Member
    I have noticed a difference in my 2013 with a SHO. I am going to lower the motor. I think one of the biggest problems I have is too much weight in the bow. 2-10inch graphs, Livescope black box, and Ultrex have impacted bow lift, along with the lithiums. I have just added an additional 125ah Ionic, so that might help some. I need to tinker with the engine height.

13. Member
    Following thread , I have a 2022 P2 not switching over to lithium just yet ..

14. Member
    I actually lost a little speed and find top end handling is not as good. I have power poles and a kicker tank. I guess I would have to play it some more. Did have to drop the engine and probably need to drop it a little more.