Triton Tandem Trailer - Jack Points for Floor Jack?

He guys. Where do you put your floor Jack when lifting the trailer? I used to put it under the shackle under my old pontoon trailer but that won’t work here I don’t think. I would like to lift each wheel and give them a spin and listen to the bearings. Would also be nice to know for on the side of the road or for other maintenance reasons.

2. Member
    i put it under the axle as close to the tire as possible lift both axles--can also use the frame rail but would put a piece of wood between jack and rail
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    I’ve always heard not to jack on the axle. I put mine on the equalizer between the 2 leaf springs, but if I couldn’t do that, I’d put it on the frame close to the back tire.

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    i put it under the axle as close to the tire as possible lift both axles--can also use the frame rail but would put a piece of wood between jack and rail
    Just did this today. My fishing partner had one of his equalizer hanger crack completely apart on the outside part of hanger. Cut the old one off the frame and welded a new one on.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dabassking View Post
    I’ve always heard not to jack on the axle. I put mine on the equalizer between the 2 leaf springs, but if I couldn’t do that, I’d put it on the frame close to the back tire.
    LOTS of newer boats do not have leaf springs axles plenty strong also
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    I have a large floor Jack and managed to get it under the frame very close to the tires. Worked alright! Although, that won’t help me on the road I guess when I have my little floor Jack with me. I’ll probably put it on the equalizer. I do worry about the stress on that thing when lifting the entire side of the trailer.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dabassking View Post
    yep the equalizer is the easiest place, right between the wheels put a small 2 X 4 on the jack, lift both wheels, easy peasy
    1998 Triton TR-20, 2017 Evinrude 150HO

8. Member
    Jack under the axle to lift 1 axle at a time.

Jack under the axle, install a jackstand, then jack under the other axle and install a jackstand for both tires.

If you have glass fenders you might have to be creative to change a flat……some have tight clearance. On mine, I jack the axle with the flat high enough to put a jackstand under the frame, then lower the flat tire axle to gain clearance.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC