HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar

I値l be up there may 14- 19 th 2023

Any local tips much appreciated , I知 staying up around new haven, rent a small cottage with boat dock.
    I know bout moot bay , way to get ther and stuff, any pointers help get me on some smallie appreciated.
    Didnt do to great last year at this time , just learning the lake.

2. Member
    Try the mile roads.
    Right in front of the 9 Mile tower is always good.
    I was out today and did most of my damage there.
    It seems we’re running later than usual with the pre spawn bite but they’re still out there.

3. Member
    That time of year you can catch them anywhere along the Michigan shoreline. I would concentrate on the 4-12’ depth range and I always start with some type of power bait like jerkbait, rattletrap, crankbait or something like that. If the bite is slow ned rig, tube or dropshot will typically get them to bite. Depending on the wind and the lake conditions I would start by the 400 club apartments and work south from there. Zig zag the depths and you’ll figure them out, I was there on the 30th and between 2 of us we caught around 70 in less than ideal conditions with cold (upper40s) stained (2’ visibility) water.
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX
    Mercury 250 4 Stroke

4. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by datbasstho View Post
    Try the mile roads.
    Right in front of the 9 Mile tower is always good.
    I was out today and did most of my damage there.
    It seems we’re running later than usual with the pre spawn bite but they’re still out there.
    I won’t run that far down , unless just nothing happening,I’m staying on lake above 29 mile, kinda in fair haven north/east in cove right on lake. Seems like anchor bay is hot right now, I’ll probably work that over a lot, and moots bay, take north st. Clair river to
    middle st. Clair river ,to restaurant and then under railway bridge Thur all the reeds in to moots bay, sometimes it gets on in there early in mornings.
    And last year first BP station on left going into north channel st. Clair river , the 90 octane non E gas was about .50 cents cheaper a gallon than over on shore gas stations. Where I fill up every day now
    Last edited by JER-1 BIG BASS; 05-10-2023 at 12:21 PM.

5. dartag1829
    Just look for the pack of boats along the mile roads. That will get you the depth. Find areas with no boats and look for beds. Be careful with the fish. We saw some dead ones on the bottom yesterday. Lots of out of state plates in the ramp lot. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Just look for the pack of boats along the mile roads. That will get you the depth. Find areas with no boats and look for beds. Be careful with the fish. We saw some dead ones on the bottom yesterday. Lots of out of state plates in the ramp lot. Have fun.
    Amen

Catch and immediate release doesn’t mean weigh it twice, take 5 photos and face time it to your buddies
    "The handicapped angler"

7. Member
    Last time I was there (couple weeks ago) I saw most guys throwing ned rigs on spinning tackle and breaking off a lot, probably cuz they aren't bothering to check for nicks and retie. This time of year I never even bring spinning gear. I may not catch as many but I guarantee I boat plenty of big ones and never bring em into the boat, just unhook em in the water. Unless it looks like it's over 21" then I'll take a quick photo

8. Member
    We are driving up on Memorial Day for a few days. I've never been. Not sure what to expect!

We are staying around 9 Mile. That's all I know!
    2023 Puma STS

Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    We are driving up on Memorial Day for a few days. I've never been. Not sure what to expect!

We are staying around 9 Mile. That's all I know!
    Expect crowds, rookie drivers of mini yachts scaring the piss out of you, and great fishing.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex