Trailer maintenance question

I have a ranger trail trailer with Vault hubs. It's a 2012 and from the best I can tell they recommend maintenance after 10 yrs or so. I don't travel long distances very often and basically just a weekend warrior type guy. My question is have you, or do you recommend, maybe taking it in somewhere for a look over and maintenance with hubs or anything I might be forgetting? Should I just keep trucking along and monitor stuff periodically for what I perceive as a problem. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Do the caps still stick out indicating good seal and pressure on the bearings? If yes (unlikely, in my opinion) then jack up the tires and check for excessive play and/or noise during rotation. If all that is good you are probably fine. Personally after 10 years I would replace bearings. Even in a properly installed system there is some heat and wear that will add up over that long of time.

3. Member
    If the seals aren’t leaking I wouldn’t mess with them. I would jack up the trailer and check the wheels for excessive play in the bearings.

4. Member
    My take on this is different. Basically everything mechanical is a ticking timebomb that will break. Vault hubs should be repacked/new seals at 5 years, no later, IMO. So, how much would a failure ruin a trip or a day or 3 of fishing or just be a huge PITA? If you have it repacked and checked on your schedule, then you can enjoy the fishing trip worry free.

Proactive/pre-emptive maintenance is my policy. If I couldn't afford that, I wouldn't be doing it.
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax