Compartment door

Hello everyone I have just bought a 2021 z21 love it so far just have one problem. It is a 21 so it has the three compartment door in between the 2 rod boxes on the front deck so the problem is the front door in the middle is so tight you almost have to stand on it to get it to shut my wife can’t even get it open. So I got to worrying you can see the indentation from the hinges on the doors in front of it so I got afraid it is very soon going to wear out the carpet on the door hate to pay what this thing cost then mess up the carpet. I called my dealer about it they said this is normal and it just needed to wear in. So is this normal? Is there anyway and has any of you adjusted the doors?

thanks Jamie

Had a similar issue with my 2016. New carpet is my best guess, haven't had any issues with them getting stuck in many years..
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Heard you can take a beard trimmer to the edge of the door to thin down the nap

4. Member
    After 2 years of my z21, it's still stupid hard to open....closing it is fairly easy but opening can be a chore at times.

Yeah there lids can be tight, never had an issue closing it though.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    Z20s have the same problem with the starboard front compartment.

I actually found it easier to open the next compartment over, then open the tight compartment lid.

Same issue after 4 years.