A bit frustrated

Just listened to the Mercer podcast regarding the South Carolina events. I was very disturbed when his guest made a comparison to the elite fisherman and navy seals going on deployment. I had to shut it off. Rant over.

2. Member
    Who was the guest??

3. Member
    Jake Latendresse; cameraman for BASS and all around good guy. I really doubt there was any ill will or harm meant by his comment, but things get interpreted different ways.

4. Member
    You can’t handle the truth…..

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrythedane View Post
    Just listened to the Mercer podcast regarding the South Carolina events. I was very disturbed when his guest made a comparison to the elite fisherman and navy seals going on deployment. I had to shut it off. Rant over.
    There are worse things to be “disturbed” over, watched the news lately?

6. Member
    I haven’t listened to the podcast, but I get tired of hearing the “it’s a war” or “it’s going to be a war out there”. I get it, it’s a figure of speech, but just seems a bit over the top to me.

7. Member
    Well what was the comment made?

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Well not surprised considering the pedestal Professional Fishermen are put on by many on the BBC and some of the Pity Articles written over the years about the Woes of the B.A.S.S. Pros.

It’s ridiculous comparing one of them to a Navy Seal, any current or past member of the Armed Forces, a Firefighter, a Police Officer, a First Responder, a Teacher or any individual that serves their country and their community.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Well not surprised considering the pedestal Professional Fishermen are put on by many on the BBC and some of the Pity Articles written over the years about the Woes of the B.A.S.S. Pros.

It’s ridiculous comparing one of them to a Navy Seal, any current or past member of the Armed Forces, a Firefighter, a Police Officer, a First Responder, a Teacher or any individual that serves their country and their community.
    What he said.
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

10. Member
    I think when he was covering the classic years ago Byron V called the classic “like being in a War zone”
    Red Sox in 6!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post

Or anyone else who contributes to society for a living.

12. Member

13. Member
    I just listened to the podcast and don't feel like he meant anything disrespectful. If you listen to him again, what he actually says was just a comparison of the mental part of preparing for anything that might require your full attention. My interpretation only and certainly not making light of your personal concerns.

14. Member
    I struggle with the comparison of mental preparation in a fishing tourney to deployment. Even in a round about way, fishing for a living and putting your life at risk is not in the same sentence or thought process. I respect that everyone has individual beliefs, but I choose not to entertain that comparison.

15. Member
    Isn’t this the guy who tried to claim the only reason why Christie won the classic was because he was coaching him the final day? If so, he’s a hero in his own mind.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

16. Member
    Whambulance! The person making fast food breakfast biscuits works harder than a fisherman. On the other hand, Demi Moore hasn’t made it to the BassMaster Classic.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.