Thread: 625 Security

625 Security

I'm considering getting a 625. I do some tournaments that require overnight stays in hotels etc. From looking at the height of the gunnels on the 625 has anyone put in a loc r bar - looks like there may not be enough height in the gunnel to put the bracket in. The bracket total is 1.5" tall the hole you have to drill is right at 1".

thanks

2. Member
    My 2 cents on this personally... I put the cover on and call it good. If I get robbed I get robbed and insurance buys me all new stuff. I leave all compartments unlocked. I have seen compartments pried open so I'd rather avoid the damage and make it easy. Tackle is replaceable. Although where I'm at 99.9% of people don't know what a bass boat is and wouldn't think to look in it. I have only seen one instance of another boater getting ripped off and that's when they pried open the compartments. It was in Wisconsin where everyone knows what's in the boat. FYI you will get more answers on the Blazer owners facebook page.

If it is like the 650, the gunnel height is very low and I think would be unable to put a locker bar on it. If mine has an inch, it would be lucky.

4. Member
    I measured it on a 650 and there's not enough - the loc r bar bracket top to bottom is 1.5" - I'll have to figure something else.

thanks