Love the new boat - hate the trolling motor - Ultrex for sale!

Bought a Lund 1775 Renegade Saturday. Got it on the water yesterday and today. I was unsure if I would like the Ultrex coming from a Terrova but figured I'd give it a shot. No soap.

It has maybe five hours on it. The description is "Minn Kota Ultrex 80lb / FP / US2 / i-Pilot - 52". Not sure the best way to go about selling it. Figure I'll start here before I head to Face Book Market Place. I guess I'll buy what I initially wanted, the Ulterra and take the new one to the local shop and have them remove the Ultrex and install the Ulterra. Unless I YouTube up the process and find out it ain't that hard to do myself.

Anyway, it's for sale. Don't have a price yet as I haven't shopped around for used prices yet.

Ultrex.jpg

2. Member
    2400 shipped to 29146?? Cash.

3. Member
    Thanks for the offer. Let me get my head around if I can take it off for sale and how to package it. How is payment arranged? Check my post I made today in the Trolling motor forum titled "Do I need a heading sensor". I have some confusion on a few things.

4. Moderator
    Good luck with the sale. Not sure how you can like a terrova over anything honestly. The slow head movement and reaction time from the foot control drove me mad on the one we had.

5. Member
    Funny how 9 out of 10 prefer the cable steer. I fish sitting down in the bow chair. Having to contort myself to get a foot on the foot control in the recessed tray in a deal killer alone. With the Terrova and the Ulterra I just ordered, I can pick up the foot pedal and place it right at my feet on starboard or port side. No bulky cable cord flopping around. And deploying and stowing with that cord was a pain. Had to be kinda in line with the trolling motor to get a straight pull on the cord. And the dang thing is big with the whole bracket thing and that support pole when in the closed position rubbing a hole in the carpet. So back to electric for me!

6. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by breeves2245 View Post
    Funny how 9 out of 10 prefer the cable steer. I fish sitting down in the bow chair. Having to contort myself to get a foot on the foot control in the recessed tray in a deal killer alone. With the Terrova and the Ulterra I just ordered, I can pick up the foot pedal and place it right at my feet on starboard or port side. No bulky cable cord flopping around. And deploying and stowing with that cord was a pain. Had to be kinda in line with the trolling motor to get a straight pull on the cord. And the dang thing is big with the whole bracket thing and that support pole when in the closed position rubbing a hole in the carpet. So back to electric for me!
    I guess it's all in the style of fishing you do. No right or wrong answer. Bass fishing down a bank and someone got hung up, it was a pain with the Terrova. Just slow and cumbersome to do anything. I could see spot locking and easy crappie fishing with it but just not for me. Good luck with the sale. It will get snatched up quick for sure.

too bad you arn't closer to WI. I am buying a boat with an 80# ulterra on it and will be removing it to put an ultrex on it.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

8. Member
    Why don't y'all just swap and all you have in it is shipping?