Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeBo View Post
    Can they send out a survey to get rid of all seasons in this state? Filled it out. Sure would be awesome if it passed some time.
    Well, I have a feeling convincing the walleye crowd may be a bit tougher, but maybe that tower will fall as well if enough people voice their opinions on it. We still have a way to go with bass, but so far, so good....

2. Member
    The walleye crowd wanting to “protect” the walleyes they can’t wait to bring home in a pail…. Plus like 70% of the states walleye lakes are maintained by stocking because they don’t spawn successfully…. So what are we protecting? Pike have liberal limits begging for harvest. Muskies you could draw a latitude line at Detroit lakes and everything south is stocking supported so what’s being protected? I’m from SD. Been here for almost 20 years now and still don’t understand the seasons. End rant

Big thanks to anyone pushing for this. Being able to bass fish in spring would greatly improve my life!

3. Member
    Anyone have a recent update on this survey? Any outcome from it??

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brianf. View Post
    Anyone have a recent update on this survey? Any outcome from it??
    Hey Brian, still gathering input. Survey runs till the end of August. Over 2800 responses and 95% either supporting or strongly supporting having a season be open year round. We'll see what the higher ups want the Bass Tech Team to do with that information moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallie_Hawgin View Post
    Hey Brian, still gathering input. Survey runs till the end of August. Over 2800 responses and 95% either supporting or strongly supporting having a season be open year round. We'll see what the higher ups want the Bass Tech Team to do with that information moving forward.
    Appreciate your work on this, Eric.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

6. Member
    With the lakes opening up, it sure would be nice to be able to go out locally instead of heading to a neighboring state to chase bass! It also got me thinking, any other updates that you can share?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12