Thread: St.Clair

St.Clair

Thinking about making a trip up there for a couple days sometime this month with my 12 year old son. He’s never been smallmouth fishing and I want him to have a great time. I haven’t been up there in a long time and not really familiar with the area. What ramp can we use? Any suggestions on where to stay overnight? When would you guys suggest would be the best time to come up for good numbers? Earlier this month or later in the month?
    2008 Camo Xpress H18 with 2021 Mercury 150 Pro XS 4S Serial # 3B021969

Quote Originally Posted by bassfreaks View Post
    Thinking about making a trip up there for a couple days sometime this month with my 12 year old son. He’s never been smallmouth fishing and I want him to have a great time. I haven’t been up there in a long time and not really familiar with the area. What ramp can we use? Any suggestions on where to stay overnight? When would you guys suggest would be the best time to come up for good numbers? Earlier this month or later in the month?
    Things seem to be running little later than usual right now. Numbers are best being caught down by 9 mile now. There is a paid ramp $15 there that you can launch from. Selfridge by the airforce base has a nice public ramp. Harley on the Clinton River also has a decent public ramp. IMO stay clear of staying any where near the mile roads such as the hotels on Mack road. Go north and drive a little extra to make things a little safer for you. Good luck. Hope your son catches a lot.

3. Member
    +1 The hotels at Little Mack and 94 are not recommended at all, I live near that area and it has really gone down the crapper the last couple years. Redroof inn use to be full of boats at this time of year and I've yet to see one rig there this year. Stay on 94 for another 10 minutes and you are in a better area around M59(Hall Road) there are plenty of places to eat at around there and Cabelas is right across the freeway, Selfridge launch is around 2 miles at the end of M59. That launch puts you right on Anchor Bay and there is good fishing around there. There are also plenty of marinas and canals to fish for Largemouth if it's too rough on the bay.

4. Member
    Good information right there bassfreaks……..Enjoy…….E