Thread: Manchac

Manchac

Manchac/North pass.. I think everyone knows it got hit pretty hard with a fish kill during Hurricane Ida couple years ago… Fwiw, I made a quick evening trip today and caught quite a few, 20 or so with a couple nice 1.5lb or so keepers.. so, it appears to be bouncing back nicely… I left some 8-9”ers biting pretty steady just before sunset on a little plastic craw… I’m glad to know the fish are bouncing back there… it’s a good close place to go mess around.. I didn’t burn a 1/2 gallon of gas in my boat, if that much..

Now, I gotta go to Missouri tomorrow for work!!

Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    Manchac/North pass.. I think everyone knows it got hit pretty hard with a fish kill during Hurricane Ida couple years ago… Fwiw, I made a quick evening trip today and caught quite a few, 20 or so with a couple nice 1.5lb or so keepers.. so, it appears to be bouncing back nicely… I left some 8-9”ers biting pretty steady just before sunset on a little plastic craw… I’m glad to know the fish are bouncing back there… it’s a good close place to go mess around.. I didn’t burn a 1/2 gallon of gas in my boat, if that much..

Now, I gotta go to Missouri tomorrow for work!!
    Im glad to here that , I hope its back strong with in a year or 2 . I made a trip to the Amite river about a month ago , I caught about 5 and everyone of them was about 8" long . It needs a year or 2 before its gonna be worth making a trip over there . It sucks to have all of this water with in a 20 min drive from my house and the fishing sucks in it so I have to drive 1.5 hrs pretty much to go and fish anywhere else .
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team
    If you aint first , your last !!!
    All fat girls welcomed !!!!!

3. Member
    Yes sir.. back when I used to live in Denham, I loved quick afternoon trips to the Amite, port Vincent area or Colyell bay.. never really fished the head of island or Chinqapin area much but I know it was good, just never learned it..

Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    Yes sir.. back when I used to live in Denham, I loved quick afternoon trips to the Amite, port Vincent area or Colyell bay.. never really fished the head of island or Chinqapin area much but I know it was good, just never learned it..
    Me 2 , Ive had some good trips on the Amite , Never a lot of big fish but def bunchs of numbers . It aint like that now !
    BassCat-illac
    FastCat Fishin Team
    If you aint first , your last !!!
    All fat girls welcomed !!!!!

5. Member
    Ruddock, especially toward Laplace where the water usually stays clear was a go to for a quick early morning topwater bite in May and June.
    After IDA there were bass, just harder to catch and messed my patterns up.
    Easy trip and don't have to deal with all the boats.

When they open the Bonnie Carrie the fishing gets good again.
    Now Ida did clean the area out of those water Lilly things that was choking the place.
    Last edited by jlsch1; 05-06-2023 at 06:41 PM.

6. Fishwhisperer Thefisherman64's Avatar
    Looks like I need to make trip south and bring the floater. I really miss all my pets. Sounds like the area is rebounding.
    Jeff, and Rheba Johnson
    AND COOPER
    2009 BEE LINE 294 by Phoenix
    2009 150 MERC OPTIMAX

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefisherman64 View Post
    Looks like I need to make trip south and bring the floater. I really miss all my pets. Sounds like the area is rebounding.
    I’d wait a year… the ones I caught were mostly small…