Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar

Good day to be out

Beautiful out today and we managed 28 fish today at an iowa lake including a 4.14 and 4.10 and several other nice ones. Water got up to 58. I hate dead calm fishing but we had a great time today
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

2. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Glad you got out and did well. Beautiful day here as well. I would've loved to have got out but the wife had other plans. Tomorrow.

3. Member
    Thai is great! Top 10 day for sure in my book. I was able to mow after work and not have the wind blow the grass in my face was nice.

Also fished Iowa yesterday. Found water as high as 60 in channels. 44 largemouth with a 4.96 big and several 4 plus.

5. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownBass View Post
    Also fished Iowa yesterday. Found water as high as 60 in channels. 44 largemouth with a 4.96 big and several 4 plus.
    I'd kill for a day on the water like that. Our area lakes around here are in terrible low water condition. Plus they get hammered pretty hard. I went out today and zeroed. Not even a hit. Gave myself an E for effort and an F for execution.

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerSkipper View Post
    I'd kill for a day on the water like that. Our area lakes around here are in terrible low water condition. Plus they get hammered pretty hard. I went out today and zeroed. Not even a hit. Gave myself an E for effort and an F for execution.
    you ever fish wildwood? I haven’t in years but when I did it was pretty good
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

7. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    I have but its been a couple of years. A little crowded but I did manage to catch a few dinks Maybe I should purchase an IA license

8. Member
    The western half of Iowa has some nice lakes. I think our water levels are higher than what I’m hearing guys say about Nebraska lakes. Will be interesting to see the next 10 days. We have rain changes every day right now, but the weather forecast change
    quickly anymore….

9. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerSkipper View Post
    I have but its been a couple of years. A little crowded but I did manage to catch a few dinks Maybe I should purchase an IA license
    Yeah you should! Iowa lakes are much better
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

10. Member
    Wildwood had a bad fish kill two years ago. Gonna be awhile before it gets good again.

11. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    We've been missing all of the rain chances here in Lincoln including any local convenient lakes. What little rain is forecasted ends up North South East and West on everything that is not my yard or lake. Was on Wanahoo Wednesday and its like 8' down. I used to catch some nice bass in numbers just a few years ago. But not anymore. Suppose I'm going to have to do some traveling to try and regain some confidence in my fish catching capabilities.

12. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Well, I’m going to hit a iowa lake on Monday and you are certainly invited if you want. Going to be a beautiful day
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

13. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Well, I’m going to hit a iowa lake on Monday and you are certainly invited if you want. Going to be a beautiful day
    Why thank you Jim. I would certainly look forward to taking you up on the offer some day. Monday I'm taking one of my aging retired buddies out to chase some crappie. It's the only time of year I fish for them and there is about a two week period on one of our local lakes where the catching is really good. Most years anyway. Thank you for your generosity and consideration

14. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    You want some of the best crappie fishing in the state hit me up. I have access to beaver lake Nebraska and it’s the best crappie fishing in the state
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

15. Member
    witch lake are you thinking about?

16. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Anita
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

17. Member
    Anita
    Check with me tomorrow night my club is fishing it tomorrow I will spill the juice to you.
    John the Garage Doorman

18. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    Check with me tomorrow night my club is fishing it tomorrow I will spill the juice to you.
    good luck John
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

19. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    You want some of the best crappie fishing in the state hit me up. I have access to beaver lake Nebraska and it’s the best crappie fishing in the state
    Looks interesting. I didn't even know this lake existed and its not that far away. Probably due to its private access requirements. It looks like a well managed and very healthy fishery for a number of species

20. Member
    Anita
    nice. There was a 15 boat open tournament there today and sounds like one Sunday. That’s lots of pressure but you never know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast