Carpet replacement

Need to replace floor carpet on a 30 year old tin. Anybody try the sea deck type flooring? Looking for suggestions.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

2. Member
    I've looked at it as well, don't really want to mess with the gaps it's going to leave where the compartments are.

3. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Co tact my buddy JoePa in here. He is a GURU at boat restorations. He can steer you the right way.
    He lives in Pa, too. Give him a private msg. He will help you for sure.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by jml View Post
    Need to replace floor carpet on a 30 year old tin. Anybody try the sea deck type flooring? Looking for suggestions.

You have a few options. You looking to just replace the carpet with an affordable "seadeck" flooring option or want to install a quality eva flooring?
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    Not sure what I want to do, thanks.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

If you decide to go the cheaper route with the ebay or amazon flooring, the adhesive backing on those isnt great and there is a "grain" with that flooring so you need to lay it out and look to see what pieces look the same. The 5 pieces that I used only 2 looked similar! LOL. Also they never lay flat cuz its just a cheaper product. Tiny Boat nation carries a decent product and they have a lot of great videos on install. worth checking out. If you decide to go the more expensive route let me know I could get you a deal on one of the better brands.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    Probably just carpet, thanks.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    If you decide to go the cheaper route with the ebay or amazon flooring, the adhesive backing on those isnt great and there is a "grain" with that flooring so you need to lay it out and look to see what pieces look the same. The 5 pieces that I used only 2 looked similar! LOL. Also they never lay flat cuz its just a cheaper product. Tiny Boat nation carries a decent product and they have a lot of great videos on install. worth checking out. If you decide to go the more expensive route let me know I could get you a deal on one of the better brands.
    i've never been in a boat with eva flooring. is it more padded than carpet? the older i get (and with sciatica) my legs get more tired than they used to.

also, i seen a used tracker 195 on boat trader that has had a partial flooring done along with the tracker vinyl. do you stick down directly to the vinyl flooring or remove it?
    thanks!

9. Member
    I put Seadek in my floor last season. Before that I had a diamond pattern rubber flooring, but had to rip it up to repair a cracked hull. Company that I bought the rubber sheet from was no longer in business, so I ordered a full roll of Seadek and cut it in myself. So far I love it! Went with a light gray color and it doesn't get hot in the sun. Water drains/dries super fast. It's not so much "cushiony", but not "hard" either. I don't really stand down there much, so I can't comment on fatigue. The carpet that originally came on the boat was full of stains and worn spots in front of each seat... and literally took days to dry out after a rainy trip. The Seadek was pretty cost effective too in my opinion.

Pushin\' Tin!!!!

10. Member

Pushin\' Tin!!!!