Thread: TN/KY Trip

TN/KY Trip

Hello all,

My wife and I are taking a trip from WI to the Great Smoky Mountains National park in the beginning of June for some back country hiking/camping followed by some of the same at the Mammoth Caves National Park as we start heading back home.

We have some open days within the trip and would like to potentially walk/wade some river for smallies while we are there since we are traveling. If anyone has any areas they'd be willing to share we'd be gracious and respectful of the areas.

We really only have enough room for each of us to pack one rod and reel and some tackle so kind of limited but both of us are plenty familiar with this style of fishing from back home here in WI.

Thanks!

2. Member
    Pool 6 – Green River - Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife Green River is an option in and around mammoth cave. Lots of float trips. I'm not familiar enough to know which parts are wadable. lots of links for more info on above links.

South Elkhorn in Frankfort KY is one of best SM creeks in KY but is slightly out of your way.

PM if need more info.
    Last edited by Tacklebag23; 05-03-2023 at 01:03 PM.

3. Member
    Thank you sir!

4. Member
    The Green River runs through Mammoth Cave. I would recommend floating it if you get the chance. There used to be several places where you could rent canoes with drop off services. You usually leave your vehicle at the ferry and they pick you up there.