Brent finesse bait caster rod

Is this a good rod for the floating worm?
    Daiwa Tatula Elite AGS Casting Rod 7' Med-MH Ehrler

Taper Line Wt. Lure Wt. Guides Handle Type Handle Length Stock Price Qty
    Extra Fast 8-20lb 1/8-1oz 8+Tip Elite AGS Cast A

14-1/4"

or is a medium spinning rod a good choice

2. Member
    I’ve never fished a floating worm but I do love this rod.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

3. Member
    Spinning rod.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

4. Member
    Isn’t 1/8 - 1 oz a wide gap?
    Red Sox in 6!

5. Member
    i've got this rod, and have another coming. i wouldn't try a floating trick worm on it, but weightless senko-style it'll work fine.

i originally got the rod to use bubba bfs style. it works great with 3/16oz shakeyheads and have pitched crappie plastics on 3/16oz heads. i tried it with a spinnerbait, it is excellent with 3/8-1/2oz. the tip loads up very well. i have a used one coming next week for replacing the empty spot with finesse-type stuff.

6. Member
    I'm curious about the taper, where does it lock up and is it actually x-fast? I've also wondered if it leans towards one end of it's claimed lure weight range, but "excellent with 3/8-1/2" tells me it should probably read 1/4-3/4oz

7. Member
    it's a fast action to me. i would 1/4-3/4 would be appropriate for the rating.
    i have used the rod with the 3/16oz peewee football jigs, 1/4oz brush jigs, and now 1/2oz spinnerbaits and it has worked well for all.

8. Member
    Good stuff, Jason the rod you have coming recently had a floating worm on it when I was in Texas. I thought it worked pretty well, but yes usually have finesse jigs and shakey heads on mine, but it is very versatile.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakesareabassin View Post
    Good stuff, Jason the rod you have coming recently had a floating worm on it when I was in Texas. I thought it worked pretty well, but yes usually have finesse jigs and shakey heads on mine, but it is very versatile.
    Do you think I would have issues on getting the hook into the fish and keeping in pinned if I used it with a 5/16oz finesse jig on 12lb fluro?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoneFishingLTN View Post
    Do you think I would have issues on getting the hook into the fish and keeping in pinned if I used it with a 5/16oz finesse jig on 12lb fluro?
    You'll have no issues whatsoever. Like others have said the "finesse" label on this rod is bit misleading. Seth uses this rod for pitching/skipping docks and light flipping duty.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    You'll have no issues whatsoever. Like others have said the "finesse" label on this rod is bit misleading. Seth uses this rod for pitching/skipping docks and light flipping duty.

he uses it with braid though correct?