Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Real estate contracts in Illinois require the seller to remove all personal property before closing. This safe would be considered personal property despite the size and weight. At preclosing inspection your buyer could tell you to remove before closing or you are in breach of the contract.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Lots of great suggestions here. But first let me say it was just a hypothetical question as I have NO plans on moving.
    For those who were upset at my proposal do you have a vehicle you are driving and now after 3 months or 3 years if you don't pay a monthly/yearly fee you lose some the features that the vehicle originally came with like Dynamic Navigation or Remote Start or Vehicle Locator, etc... ? Most of us were not aware of these fees down the line but the world now is all about the money.
    If you are not aware of future fees of a service you need to read the fine print better. And everyone thinks those that try to hide those fees are sleezy. Sleezy is commonly accepted as a bad business practice, but when an individual goes to that, it is worse. That individual is then considered a pr*ck...

3. Member
    So, you are leaving a vehicle also?
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

4. Member
    Well that's a terrible example to try to back up your initial asinine idea.

5. Member
    Anyone ever sell their house but leave a large gun safe behind in the basement. Do you try to sell the safe combination for a couple hundred or just walk away ?
    How much extra are you charging for all the manuals for the appliances used throughout the home?

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    How much extra are you charging for all the manuals for the appliances used throughout the home?
    If there's a manual for a 1995 Sunbeam four slice toaster, I'll start the bidding at $3.

7. Member
    I would make sure the new home owner is good with it as well. Some people likely don’t need or want a big safe, they may not want to deal with it.

8. Member
    One of the previous posters said remove the door, it is easy on some safes. My Browning safe is under the stairwell closet, only have like 6 inches on either side. Safe just cleared the door but the door weighs about the same as the rest of the safe. In a closed in space it was pita to hang it back on. No good way to manhandle it by yourself and line up the pins. Do not remove the door if you can help it.

9. Member
    Lots of great suggestions here. But first let me say it was just a hypothetical question as I have NO plans on moving.
    For those who were upset at my proposal do you have a vehicle you are driving and now after 3 months or 3 years if you don't pay a monthly/yearly fee you lose some the features that the vehicle originally came with like Dynamic Navigation or Remote Start or Vehicle Locator, etc... ? Most of us were not aware of these fees down the line but the world now is all about the money.
    i am no doubt dumber for reading this post and your hypothetical question

10. Member
    Man you would think with spring here in the north and early summer down here in the south hypotheticals would not be showing up maybe it's the cold spell the helped spawn this thread.
    Bass Boat