Thread: PNC

Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar

PNC

Picked up some PNC today. Might be the first time I ever bought a bank stock. We use PNC and it's pretty well known around here, I feel like it's a safe trade/investment. Of course, I went and got the wife's approval. With all these banks collapsing I wanted to make sure she was okay if the stock got wiped out.
    Thanos was the hero

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Picked up some PNC today. Might be the first time I ever bought a bank stock. We use PNC and it's pretty well known around here, I feel like it's a safe trade/investment. Of course, I went and got the wife's approval. With all these banks collapsing I wanted to make sure she was okay if the stock got wiped out.
    I bought PNC and Fifth Third for my step mother's account a few years ago. I think both of them will be fine. I only own TD Bank which I bought a few years ago and Truist (because I bank there and I like their geographic footprint being in the Southeast. Al of these have wealth management units and investment units so that is another avenue for income.

I have never owned any bank shares, but I am about to own HBAN.....and no, I did not ask the wife. good luck to us.....
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

Happy I did not purchase yet, at this rate, I may get another shot at the 52 week low.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 200xp View Post
    Happy I did not purchase yet, at this rate, I may get another shot at the 52 week low.
    Yeah they are all getting hit hard.

6. Member
    Ouch! PNC offers 15 Bil in short term debt to provide additional liquidity. Would be nice if insiders would do some buying to show some confidence. I saw a few smaller banks have lots of insider buying lately: BCBP, BOTJ, THFF, ZION. Maybe once the dust settles there will be a bunch of M and A in the banking sector. I might start nibbling next week on a few banks but right now…not so much.

7. Member
    At some point, there will be great buys in regional bank stocks. When and which ones is unknown, as far as I can tell.

8. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    Ouch! PNC offers 15 Bil in short term debt to provide additional liquidity. Would be nice if insiders would do some buying to show some confidence. I saw a few smaller banks have lots of insider buying lately: BCBP, BOTJ, THFF, ZION. Maybe once the dust settles there will be a bunch of M and A in the banking sector. I might start nibbling next week on a few banks but right now…not so much.

The way I read the news was that they can offer 15bil in debt but doesn't need to.

And I've bought more. I think most of the banks selling off is nonsense and a year from now people will be wondering why they didn't buy some of these banks. Similar to the oil crisis a couple years ago. Did anybody really think XOM was going bankrupt?
    Thanos was the hero

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    The way I read the news was that they can offer 15bil in debt but doesn't need to.

And I've bought more. I think most of the banks selling off is nonsense and a year from now people will be wondering why they didn't buy some of these banks. Similar to the oil crisis a couple years ago. Did anybody really think XOM was going bankrupt?
    PNC was also one of the 11 banks that gave funds to FRC in an attempt to save it and was one of the bidders to buy FRC. I dont think they would have done either of this things if they were not in good shape.