Question 200 G2 H200HLAH spark plugs after winterize

Hello , I pulled my spark plugs because I wanted to check them after last season .
    The Engine was winterized using the factory proces on the I con touch.
    The condition was all plugs look normal and oil fouled from the winterize process
    Except the middle plug on starboard bank .
    It was completely dry when all the others were oily.
    Would this be a concern , should I check anything else?
    I installed new plugs from the dealer but have not run the engine since last season .
    Where does the oil inject during the winterize mode?
    I am worried that it could have a pinched line or clogged oil port?
    Any real advice appreciate it.
    Thanks CJ
    CJ
    200 Evinrude G2 Ho On R93vs Ranger

2. Member
    Looks like I need to rephrase the question.
    Does anyone know where the oil for the winter mode comes from is my question.
    Oil port or fuel Injector?
    CJ

3. Member
    Oil hasn't gone thru the fuel injectors for quite some time now. Oil is injected into critical lubrication points since about 08' I believe.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

4. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Since the Ficht engines the oil was injected directly to the block except for a minute amount to lube the injectors.

5. Member
    So I guess my plan is put old plugs back in and run it.
    Till I warms up then perform winter process again
    And see if the starboard middle cylinder spark plug shows the same oil as the others.
    I need to do this for piece of mind I can't get past the fact that all the other plugs were oil fouled and one is not .
    CJ

6. Member
    ++ to bassmiester with one exception. Winterize injects essentially double oil, over normal lubrication needs, directly into the crankcase. There are 6 injection points. No oil is injected into the combustion chamber. Windage or rotation of the crankshaft with movement of the pistons distributes the oil. Small amounts of oil in normal operation will pass through the intake ports and into the combustion chamber where it is combusted.
    and to clarify - oil has not been injected into the fuel, even in minute amounts for over 10 years now.

7. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I stand corrected, so the later G1 Etecs didn't . I've no experience with the Etecs as my engine is still an 03 DFI.

8. Member
    To Big Hare what are your thoughts on this issue I have ?
    Normal? Or worth persueing.
    Reason I ask is because at idle this engine always seems to have a Random single hard miss or hard random reset to the idle I have been trying to figure out.
    It has done this since it's second season and I have now installed a new third set of spark plugs.
    I have no codes no power issues. Edit I have not run yet this year with new plugs.
    My thoughts were because I didn't replace plugs last season I would at the start of this year.
    I also have all ways running alcohol free with 2+4 since new.
    Have about 75 hrs now.
    Last edited by veryspeedy; 05-05-2023 at 10:33 AM.
    CJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    I stand corrected, so the later G1 Etecs didn't . I've no experience with the Etecs as my engine is still an 03 DFI.
    Do you still have that tall conical hat that you have to wear when you have to sit in the corner ? :)
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

10. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    And tha Hoss shows up now.....

You know damn well that I always have your back. If you ever fell overboard and were drowning, I'd be the first guy in line to toss you an anchor !
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by veryspeedy View Post
    To Big Hare what are your thoughts on this issue I have ?
    Normal? Or worth persueing.
    Reason I ask is because at idle this engine always seems to have a Random single hard miss or hard random reset to the idle I have been trying to figure out.
    It has done this since it's second season and I have now installed a new third set of spark plugs.
    I have no codes no power issues. Edit I have not run yet this year with new plugs.
    My thoughts were because I didn't replace plugs last season I would at the start of this year.
    I also have all ways running alcohol free with 2+4 since new.
    Have about 75 hrs now.
    I would run it. Run it for ten hours and the see what the plugs look like. Get us some pictures too of the plugs. Are you sure the plugs were oil fouled and not due to excess fuel from a flooding over vapor separator? Or a cold running engine.

13. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAHORSE View Post
    You know damn well that I always have your back. If you ever fell overboard and were drowning, I'd be the first guy in line to toss you an anchor !
    I'm a blessed man to have such good friends....

14. Member
    So I am 99 percent the oil was from the winter process.
    I changed tugs two seasons ago with updated plugs because of the potential issue of the pads falling off and I was chasing the same sight random miss I mentioned above.
    Then the plugs looked the same color as they due now with out the oil sheen .
    The plugs I pulled out now looked like normal brown to Rich looking with like somebody dunked them in baby oil is best I can explain.
    Thanks for the advice on running and checking at 10 hrs .
    I will let you know, howevrer I will be able to tell right away if the random miss is still there and probably not be able to wait that long.
    LoL
    I will be back on this may 18 th so I will make update.
    Thanks for your time and knowledge.
    CJ

We knew he would!
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

16. Member
    Update, Installed the new plugs and new on the motor fuel filter .
    Engine still has random miss or hard slow speed miss. Hard but consistently happening when at low idle
    I am on the third set of plugs , (all plugs bought at dealer for Evinrude.) Not cheep. Chasing this miss.
    I have noticed when under power the icon digital tach fluctuate by 50 rpm when at at any steady throtle settings.
    /Speed like 3900 to 3950 for example does not matter what rpm always fluctuating when at steady speed.
    Endine has no faults or other symptoms just turned 102 hrs.
    Could I have bad plug wire or coil how can this be tested . With such a hard to find issue?
    I thought about clipping induce light on each plug wire and watch flash but kind of hard to do on the water .
    Anybody got ideas ?
    CJ