Thread: Trophy plus

Trophy plus

Will a trophy plus work on a 115 pro xs ct ?
    looking at one for a spare prop.
    If so anything different needed in the hub kit to make it work ?
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

2. Member
    Made:
    I bought a Trophy 4-blade for my 2022 115 pro xs ct and needed a seal ring to close the gap between the smaller diameter hub and lower unit. This is because the diameter of the Trophy hub is about 1/2" smaller than my OEM Tempest Plus. This prevents exhaust gas from escaping before it reaches the PVS or exhaust hole at the opposite end. I believe this is the ring. https://www.boats.net/product/mercur...kaAl4wEALw_wcB

3. Member
    Will the exhaust ring or lack of only affect hole shot like the pvs plugs ?
    Or will it also affect performance on plane ?
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

4. Member
    I did not try my Trophy without the ring, but I have to imagine the uncontrolled escaping exhaust gases are like super-sizing the open PVS holes during hole shot. It probably affects performance on plane as well because of the excessive air bubbles in front of the blades. Think cavitation to the extreme. After installing my seal ring, I just leave it on the Trophy when I switch back and forth between it and my Tempest.

By the way, I have followed several of your posts since we have similar boats. I am interested to hear what size Trophy you have and the performance differences you experience. I was a little disappointed with my Trophy and plan to either add cup or 1 inch of pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeintheshade View Post
    Will the exhaust ring or lack of only affect hole shot like the pvs plugs ?
    Or will it also affect performance on plane ?
    The "Cavitation Ring" only affects the Hole Shot.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    The "Cavitation Ring" only affects the Hole Shot.
    This is correct along with the PVS Plugs..

7. Member
    If it fits on there, I would test it without the ring first just to make sure it is an issue on your setup. I have a Bass Cat P2 and was running a 26 Trophy Plus with the blowout ring and four small hole PVS plugs and switched out this weekend to a new 24 Trophy Plus I picked up w/o a blowout ring and 2 large PVS holes open. Saw no additional cavitation on launch, and it came out of the hole pretty quick. That said, I am going to get a blowout ring and try it, its all about getting the proper setup for your boat. Some need the ring and some don't. Try it without first so you have a baseline.