Thread: Ford

Ford

Anyone looking at it? Earnings are tomorrow after bell. It's sitting at a nice level really imo for the type of trading I do

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I've been waiting for the VIX to spike so I could sell some puts on F. No suck luck though.

I like Ford, and I think there will be a good pop sometime in the future with their next gen EV's. But, I think it will always be a auto company. Not sure I see any growth.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I've been waiting for the VIX to spike so I could sell some puts on F. No suck luck though.

I like Ford, and I think there will be a good pop sometime in the future with their next gen EV's. But, I think it will always be a auto company. Not sure I see any growth.
    Fair. Nice dividend though too

4. Member
    Earnings beat it looks like and stock is dropping. I know some of the reason it is dropping, but it's just hard for me to talk myself into buying. I think it would be a good quick flip when it recovers but where's the bottom . The market currently is special

5. Member
    I have been following Ford for a while, and made very good money in their last pop to 25.00+. As of late, I have seen them bottoming out at just above 11.00, which is where I have been accumulating them again. Same goes for GM, I have been accumulating at 31.50, so I pray that once the Feds stop, it could stimulate the car industry.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    I have been following Ford for a while, and made very good money in their last pop to 25.00+. As of late, I have seen them bottoming out at just above 11.00, which is where I have been accumulating them again. Same goes for GM, I have been accumulating at 31.50, so I pray that once the Feds stop, it could stimulate the car industry.
    Yeah above $11 was the area I noted to buy as well, I just can't pull the trigger

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Yeah above $11 was the area I noted to buy as well, I just can't pull the trigger
    Just start accumulating a little at the time, and before you know it you can end up with 2500 and adding like me.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Just start accumulating a little at the time, and before you know it you can end up with 2500 and adding like me.
    True. I bet you're happy around dividend time

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    True. I bet you're happy around dividend time
    That's another reason to hold and accumulate a stock like Ford. There is 2 other companies that I am accumulating, GM and Fisker, and they both are doing well with very positive forward outlook.
    If you are into the charging companies, I like EVGO, which is under the GM umbrella, and Power Plug, if you believe that there is other option to EV's.

10. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Listening to this earnings call, I'm starting a position. I really like Farley and I think I'm hearing some hints of what to expect out of their next gen vehicles. 2025-26 could be really interesting.
    Thanos was the hero

I have bought and sold this stock in the past. After reading through the earnings report and listening to Mr. Farley, I am going to start a position as well.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

12. Member
    I was thinking about that yesterday as well

13. Member
    What's the entry point though? Surprised it is continuing to drop down today

14. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    My entry point is $14 with plans to add at lower levels. I think we see another inflation/interest rate sell off sometime this year. I plan to add a few more times throught out the rest of this year. With intentions to hold into 2025-26. They're either gonna nock it out of the park with their next gen EVs or poop a brick.
    Thanos was the hero

give me your thoughts...I dug a little deeper and both Ford and GM mentioned slowing adoption, AKA, less demand than expected for the EV's...any concerns with this moving forward?????
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

16. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Alot of concern. Farley has been acknowledging Ford's shortcomings in their 1st gen EV designs. He mentioned in the call about how they had Munroe Assoc tear down a Tesla model Y and a Chinese brand, and suddenly realized Ford was screwed if the don't make the necessary changes. And it sounds like he is, they mentioned software will be handled in house and they're using a different electrical architecture on the next gen EVs. Also mentioned LFP batteries will be available and built in the US. And in 2025 the vehicles will have Tesla's charger. Before 2025, I wouldn't even think about any EV other than a Tesla because of the charging network.

I bleive Ford will be able to build their next gen EVs at much lower cost wich will equal lower prices for the consumer. Price is a big issue for their EVs. The other issue is range and performance which should be solved with some of the changes they are making.

If they don't bring prices down and if the vehicles aren't as good as a Tesla, then they're screwed, big time. If they introduce the T3 truck and range sucks and it's too expensive, I'll probably sell.

Also, begining in January the IRA tax credit happens at point of sale, that should help demand.

GM is pretty much the same. Still have no idea what their ultium battery is about.
    Thanos was the hero

17. Member
    Boneil

I pray that you are absolutely correct in your assessment of things with Ford and GM since I have been accumulating both slowly, and currently I have close to 5K shares each. I am not going to get greedy and hold them too long as long as I make some good money on them.