G.Loomis nrx deals?

Haven't bought one in a while is full retail my only option looking for a 872s

2. Member
    I've never seen them officially discounted anywhere. Even during the TW Black Friday deals, the discount isn't advertised (they're not allowed to) and is only slipped in after the fact. I HAVE seen people make deals with various retailers a lot, especially if you have a good relationship with said retailer. But you need to pop the question. Finally, I've bought Loomis rods at 40% off when a brick-and-mortar store was clearing out inventory (I got two GLXs that way). But that's specific to your area and happenstance, of course.
    Last edited by Drakestar; 05-01-2023 at 10:54 PM.

3. Member
    Definitely can find deals. Just call your local store or some of the larger Loomis retailers

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar4x4 View Post
    Haven't bought one in a while is full retail my only option looking for a 872s
    Definitely not but you have to do a little sleuthing and be willing to ask for a discount. I've never paid full retail for a G.Loomis rod. There are a lot of retailers that while they are not allowed to advertise prices lower than MRP they are willing to sell for lower. Good luck!

5. Member
    There is a seller on ebay that if you "watch" their listing for them, they will offer a discounted price. That's how I bought mine.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

Call the Tackle Trap ,

7. Member
    The small shops will deal for sure. The big stores not so much I’ve found.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    Call the Tackle Trap ,
    Didn't they loose Shimano/Loomis because word got out that they were selling below MAP?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Didn't they loose Shimano/Loomis because word got out that they were selling below MAP?
    I think so, but also heard that they are getting them back.

Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    I think so, but also heard that they are getting them back.
    Yes, The Tackle Trap is a Shimano/Loomis/Jackall dealer. The new website is a huge improvement and definitely worth checking out. Inventory is being added regularly and the sale and clearance section has some amazing deals, not on Shimano/Loomis/Jackall of course

The Tackle Trap

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Yes, The Tackle Trap is a Shimano/Loomis/Jackall dealer. The new website is a huge improvement and definitely worth checking out. Inventory is being added regularly and the sale and clearance section has some amazing deals, not on Shimano/Loomis/Jackall of course

The Tackle Trap
    Dang it Gary. You do have some awesome deals, order placed. Brian.