Lake Murray 3rd week of June

I am headed to Murray the 3rd week of June
    I've ever been on the lake and will be targeting bass. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    2018 Skeeter ZX225
    2018 Yamaha 225 SHO

2. Member
    Cane pile, Cane pile and maybe a bream bed if you are lucky depending on how close to the new/full moon. The cane can be really hard to find even with the best graphs. Top water over the top of it or a fluke. I really feel like the fishing in the summer there will slow down immensely with all the pressure from this spring.

It was tough as hell in the BBT this past saturday and sunday. However, the bites we got were whoppers!! My son got a check for a 5.04 on saturday and won 12-1 hour yesterday with a 6.51. But if you looked at the leaderboards , it was whopper after whopper for 3 days!! Nothing under 4lbs was cutting an hourly check. Im so glad the spots dont show up in Murray. Third week of June can be good in some areas. Falcon is right, all about the cane and brush. If you want to catch striper, they will be on fire using flutter spoons down lake by then. Very reliable fish to catch in summer, if you choose to. Damn things broke me off 3 times this weekend. lol
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

4. Member
    I definitely wouldn't complain if I could get on a striper bite. The closet I get to fishing for stripers is at SML.
    2018 Skeeter ZX225
    2018 Yamaha 225 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by thebradybunch View Post
    I definitely wouldn't complain if I could get on a striper bite. The closet I get to fishing for stripers is at SML.
    Go to Youtube and search "Power Reeling For Striper" using a flutter spoon. Works awesome for striper at murray in summer in the deep ditches.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    Go to Youtube and search "Power Reeling For Striper" using a flutter spoon. Works awesome for striper at murray in summer in the deep ditches.
    Will do. Thank you!
    2018 Skeeter ZX225
    2018 Yamaha 225 SHO