Recommendations on places to stay around Dunkirk

looking for fisherman friendly place to stay one or two nights around Dunkirk. Thx
    2019 Phoenix 920

Theater Motel on Rte 20 in Westfield, N.Y. 20 minutes or so south of Dunkirk and about 15 minutes west of Chautauqua Lake in case you get blown off of Erie. It's also only about 10 minutes from Barcelona which has a great ramp.

Over night stay is $75 a night. (But they may work with you if you extend your stay.)

It's not the newest or the fanciest, but it is clean and you can park your boat and trailer right in front of the room and charge it too. There's a gas station just down the road, (South) that sells non-ethanol gas, a McDonalds and a grocery store a couple of miles further down the road in Westfield.

You can take Rte 20 north to Dunkirk, hitting breakfast and fast food places up there along with shopping at Walmart if you need anything. Plus, going that way will save you a few bucks where as taking the NY Thruway will cost you.

Unless ownership has changed, a fella by the name of Ti owns and runs the place with his wife and their kids. Great down to earth folks. Please tell him that Mike, a fisherman from Horseheads/Elmira N.Y says hello and will try to make it there in June.

Theater Motel
    7592 East Route 20, Westfield, NY 14787 +1-716-326-2161

https://www.hotelscombined.com/hotel...261342-details
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OBT View Post
    Theater Motel on Rte 20 in Westfield, N.Y. 20 minutes or so south of Dunkirk and about 15 minutes west of Chautauqua Lake in case you get blown off of Erie. It's also only about 10 minutes from Barcelona which has a great ramp.

Over night stay is $75 a night. (But they may work with you if you extend your stay.)

It's not the newest or the fanciest, but it is clean and you can park your boat and trailer right in front of the room and charge it too. There's a gas station just down the road, (South) that sells non-ethanol gas, a McDonalds and a grocery store a couple of miles further down the road in Westfield.

You can take Rte 20 north to Dunkirk, hitting breakfast and fast food places up there along with shopping at Walmart if you need anything. Plus, going that way will save you a few bucks where as taking the NY Thruway will cost you.

Unless ownership has changed, a fella by the name of Ti owns and runs the place with his wife and their kids. Great down to earth folks. Please tell him that Mike, a fisherman from Horseheads/Elmira N.Y says hello and will try to make it there in June.

Theater Motel

I’m sure you got a great hotel tip here but you have your directions mixed up. Rt 20 runs east and west. Westfield is west of Dunkirk and Chautauqua Lake is south of Westfield. And you are correct, Barcelona launch is much better than Dunkirk, better run and maintained too not to mention clean restrooms and much better parking too.

4. Member
    Thanks to both of you !
    2019 Phoenix 920

No problem... and just for the perfectionists amongst us... Chautauqua Lake is at approximately 134 degrees (or Southeast) of Westfield, The Theater Motel 50 Degrees (North East) of Westfield, and 46 degrees (Northeast, and as the crow flies) to Dunkirk. Making Fireball and I both correct when split down the middle! Can't trust those road signs and I hope you catch them good!!
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

Quote Originally Posted by OBT View Post

Theater Motel

Good stuff right here! He gave everything but the waypoints on the honey holes.

I might have to take this 3 hour drive later on in the summer. Never been to Erie but plan to before long.

2010 Nitro Z7
    Mercury Optimax 150
    Garmin 106SV(bow), 106SV(console)
    Cayuta Creek Outdoors
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw3...UvSxaeLpzFyYHA

7. Member
    Please note the “IN CASE YOU GET BLOWN OFF ERIE” part of that great advice.

I went to Erie for 6 days last fall and never got on the main lake. I wouldn’t have gone out in a 50 ft boat that weekA good back up plan is very wise.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassdge View Post
    Please note the “IN CASE YOU GET BLOWN OFF ERIE” part of that great advice.

I went to Erie for 6 days last fall and never got on the main lake. I wouldn’t have gone out in a 50 ft boat that weekA good back up plan is very wise.
    What part of Lake Erie were you trying to get out of. Dunkirk and especially Barcellona have limited fishing space in their harbors on windy days. That is the reason I recommend going out of Small Boat Harbor in the Buffalo area. The outer harbor is HUGE and holds lots of fish. You can also fish the Niagara River (upper) or the lower river if you tow your boat down there first. I highly recommend not going over Niagara Falls to access the lower river LOL. Take a look here to see how big the Buffalo Harbor really is.
    https://www.google.com/maps/@42.8538...1e3?authuser=0

9. Member
    No particular area, Buffalo to Dunkirk all seem fairly close. Biggest thing is having a place to stay where you can charge the boat and not be to concerned with having your boat stripped in the middle of the night.
    2019 Phoenix 920