Anyone tried to shorten their PP hydraulic lines?

My PP pumps are about 12" from the poles themselves and curled in the bilge. It makes for a cluttered bilge and I would like to shorten them. I'm assuming I can call PP and get shorter hydraulic lines but thought I would check to see if anyone has shortened theirs first.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

2. BBC SPONSOR
    If they are the CM2.0 3/8 fixed high psi rubber hoses DO NOT attempt to shorten them. Here is a link for 3' hoses. The 3' Kit is the shortest available. With the upper fitting located at the top of the cylinder you will end up with 1 hose @ 2' and the other will be 3'.

https://hydrillagear.com/products/hy...-extension-kit

I've considered this as well, similarity my pumps are on either side of bilge, so don't need much length (but probably more than 3ft). I think the stock ones are 7'? I have two coils in the bilge at each pump, could probalby drop to the 5's. But haven'd decided if it bothers me enough to swap them out. :)

Might do it when I do yearly fluid change.

Rich are "extension" hose kits and "replacement" hose kits the same?

4. Member
    Hydraulics are hydraulics. Take a line off and bring it to any hydraulics shop to have them remade to any length you want. You'd be surprised how inexpensive it's going to be.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    I've considered this as well, similarity my pumps are on either side of bilge, so don't need much length (but probably more than 3ft). I think the stock ones are 7'? I have two coils in the bilge at each pump, could probalby drop to the 5's. But haven'd decided if it bothers me enough to swap them out. :)

Might do it when I do yearly fluid change.

Rich are "extension" hose kits and "replacement" hose kits the same?

No they are not.

Hose Extension kits are actual noted length and include (2) union couplers.

For example a 3' hose EXTENSION Kit will inlude (2) hoese at exactly 3' in length.

Hose Replacment kits will have 1 hose that is 1' longer than the other to compansate for the upper cylinder fitting location and includes (2) of the rubber grommets.

Example a 7' Hose REPLACMENT Kit will include a 7' Hose and a 6' hose. Total usable length would be 6' from Pole

AndrewM- Fishing - One would believe your statement to be true however it has been confirmaed multiple times NOT to be the case... I have (3) LARGE hydrualic supply stores in my area that build lines for all industries. On a daily basis they build supply lines for many industries including the marine industry. Typical steering, jack plate, and trim tab hoses have never been an issues however none of these locations have been able to alter the current style (diameter) hoses Power Pole is now sourcing. From what I am told by these locations is that the diameter of hose being used does not accept your typially used, every day fitting size.

Maybe your local supplier has them however not ANY hydraulic store will.

I have been told over the phone by MANY customers that they refuse to spend the money on a simple hoses and how they are going to go down the road or splice them on there own they got it all figured out... I simply say OK... Not worth the debate. I get it no worries. Needless to say they end up calling back.

If anyone does find them please share.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    No they are not.

Hose Extension kits are actual noted length and include (2) union couplers.

For example a 3' hose EXTENSION Kit will inlude (2) hoese at exactly 3' in length.

Hose Replacment kits will have 1 hose that is 1' longer than the other to compansate for the upper cylinder fitting location and includes (2) of the rubber grommets.

Example a 7' Hose REPLACMENT Kit will include a 7' Hose and a 6' hose. Total usable length would be 6' from Pole

Makes sense, thanks!

7. Member
    I do millions of dollars in crane maintenance whereas hydraulics are the driving expense!!!
    A good hydraulic shop can surely make the hoses any way you like!
    These are 4 years old and counting.

PP Hoses 2.jpgPP Hoses.jpg