Adding talons to tracker 195

Going to look at new tracker 195. I would love to add a jackplate and talons to it, but service said it would void the warranty. What is the best way to add talons or powerpoles to a tracker 195?

2. Member
    It won't void the warranty. That is BS, what service center told you that? If it was Bass Pro or Cabelas that's pretty normal for them to not know what they are talking about.

3. Member
    They said it wasnt designed for jackplate so might, might void the warranty.

4. #FRB
    I wouldn't put a jack plate on a 195 but that's just me. I don't trust the transom on that particular boat. And if you have paperwork saying doing that or adding poles will void the warranty you better believe Tracker is going to void the warranty if the claim involves the transom. I haven't reviewed the warranty on a Tracker hull lately. Remember, everything is OK to do until it's not and ALWAYS keep in mind the stuff that's in writing. Tracker Marine seems to have the lion's share in the bass boat market and you better believe they have plenty of people protecting the almighty dollar and doing everything they can to deny a warranty.

Considering what you want to do you might want to look at something other than a Tracker. If you do REALLY want that 195 I STRONGLY advise you get IN WRITING FROM TRACKER that adding a jack plate and poles WILL NOT void your warranty. I still think there are way better options if you want to add poles and a plate even if you have to spend the same money on another brand's hull with a 115 over a 195 with the 150.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    It won't void the warranty. That is BS, what service center told you that? If it was Bass Pro or Cabelas that's pretty normal for them to not know what they are talking about.
    How about you read item 4g on the tracker warranty before speading your wisdom?

https://www.trackerboats.com/content...E_Warranty.pdf
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar225 View Post
    How about you read item 4g on the tracker warranty before speading your wisdom?

https://www.trackerboats.com/content...E_Warranty.pdf
    It doesn't say adding a jack plate voids the warranty. It says their warranty doesn't cover add on accessories like jack plates, which is common sense.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post

I still think there are way better options if you want to add poles and a plate even if you have to spend the same money on another brand's hull with a 115 over a 195 with the 150.
    I would much rather have a Tracker 195 with a 150 on it than another brand with a smaller motor. The 195 with a 150 is a great setup that is adequately powered unlike some other aluminum boat brands such as Ranger and Vexus.

8. Member
    I agree no jack plate needed on the 195 with 150 hp

Plenty of power and speed

2022 195 with Mercury proxs 150

9. Javelin 20DC Renegade javelin225H.O.'s Avatar
    I was told by tracker marine a jackplate won't void the warranty as long as they install it. Same with power poles or talons.
    []
    Javelin Renegade 20 DC
    Johnson 225 H.O.

10. Member
    I have a 2022 Tracker Pro 195 and just dropped it off at Berkeley OutDoors in Moncks Corner SC and asked for a price to install talons they said don’t install them they have a lot of problems then he said they can install 1 power pole but it will void the warranty and it takes a special bracket for just the one power pole ironically there is a tracker just like mine fishing the reservoir with 2 power poles �� I’m going to ask him where he got his I’m wondering if they put stress on the aluminum body when cruising or when the power pole is down it may put stress on the tandem? We really need power poles in Charleston SC the Goose Creek Reservoir is shallow and seems the wind is always blowing. We are having starting issues with it so it’s in for warranty work now and if we had power poles would they reject starting issues ? ��

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KtcAmerica1st View Post
    I have a 2022 Tracker Pro 195 and just dropped it off at Berkeley OutDoors in Moncks Corner SC and asked for a price to install talons they said don’t install them they have a lot of problems then he said they can install 1 power pole but it will void the warranty and it takes a special bracket for just the one power pole ironically there is a tracker just like mine fishing the reservoir with 2 power poles �� I’m going to ask him where he got his I’m wondering if they put stress on the aluminum body when cruising or when the power pole is down it may put stress on the tandem? We really need power poles in Charleston SC the Goose Creek Reservoir is shallow and seems the wind is always blowing. We are having starting issues with it so it’s in for warranty work now and if we had power poles would they reject starting issues ? ��
    Local dealer here has a brand new one rigged with a jack plate and two raptors. They don't void the warranty and they don’t put too much stress on anything, I have ran 2 on my Tracker 175 for a couple years now.

12. Member
    No matter what anyone tells you in this thread, I have had the dealer that sold me the boat and Tracker tell me directly that installing power poles, or any type of shallow water anchor, to my boat will 100%, without except, void the warranty on my boat. PERIOD. There are ZERO workarounds to this reality. TWICE I have called Tracker directly and have been told that shallow water anchors are not an approved accessory, hence it will void the warranty on my Tracker Targa V20.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MainelySmallmouth View Post
    No matter what anyone tells you in this thread, I have had the dealer that sold me the boat and Tracker tell me directly that installing power poles, or any type of shallow water anchor, to my boat will 100%, without except, void the warranty on my boat. PERIOD. There are ZERO workarounds to this reality. TWICE I have called Tracker directly and have been told that shallow water anchors are not an approved accessory, hence it will void the warranty on my Tracker Targa V20.
    Find a different dealer or have them show you that in writing. That's not the same response I got from Tracker when I contacted them about the same thing.