Mystery Knob on 2004 295 Pro XL

Last spring I bought this boat, and have used it quite a bit over the last year. It runs great, fishes well, and is overall just what I wanted. One mystery remains: there is a knob between the console and passenger seats just above the floor. I've attached a picture. Anyone know what this is? (Boat has one 41 gal tank so it's not a fuel tank selector or shutoff.)

-Robert
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL, 200 Mercury Optimax, 25p Tempest+

Knob is for a center console box. It will screw into a tab attached to the console. If you look right above that knob, on the top, there should be a small slot near the front edge.
    '05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO

3. Member
    Thanks - that makes sense.

I haven't seen a slot there, but I'll check again. Is the idea the knob is completely screwed out, the tab inserted, then the knob reinserted and screwed back in?

Any idea if these consoles are available for purchase anywhere?
    Last edited by WCBasser; 04-28-2023 at 07:45 PM.

Yep, tab goes into the slot then screw the thumb screw in to it. There's also another tab that sticks out the back of the console that slides into the back of the seat panel. C&O Marine used to sell them, not sure if they still do.

Here's what mine looks like installed.

Stratos Center Console copy.jpeg
    '05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO

5. Member
    Thanks for the photo. I'm suspicious that maybe my boat was recarpeted sometime in the past and they covered the slots. I'll have a closer look. I've been thinking of adding some kind of center console to better use that space. I'll check with C&O and on eBay.

-Robert