Mike Clemons-Lake Butler, Fla..
    97 Gambler Intimidater / 200 EFI Merc

2. Member
    I watched FWC do a “study”on tournament fish mortality here on Istokpoga. They took a larger tournament and all fish were put in 4 or 5 big PVC and netting pens. The pens were, and I’m guessing, 8’ square. Then every day a volunteer would check the pens, remove dead fish, record it’s size, and test dissolved oxygen. I know because I helped a volunteer a couple afternoons. It was summer, hot water, open deeper area on Poga. Most of the fish eventually died but FWC never considered the consequences of fish in hot water penned up with no food for a couple weeks!!!
    How the F#@& can they consider this a viable study?!?! Swimming free I’d bet that 90% would have survived just fine. Not to mention there’s no oxygen producing grass left in the lake.

3. Member
    That group never ceases to amaze me, does anyone know one of the "biologist" on staff there?

Have a T there this upcoming weekend, dont get to fish it too often. 2 months at MR isn't a big deal if they are truly making improvements, but Heagy-burry... 9 months? "Anticipated"... so likely will be longer. Sounds like a complete ramp/parking lot/structures overhaul (which it probably needs). There's a couple restaurants and a Golf Course also right there...

Post Office ramp not mentioned so assume it will stay open... Honestly imo that ramp needs work more than MR imo.