Performance Help & Sugestions

I have a 2021 721 w/Merc and my top speed has continued to drop. My boat ran 77.6 fully loaded with a 24p Fury 3 a year ago. Since then, I have made adjustments with graph setups, mounts, & loaded the boat differently. I know that those additions have caused speed loss and attribute to performance issues. Now, I have 3 graphs, Mega 360, & Active target at the bow and wanted to see if anyone has thoughts on adding wedges, trim extenders, etc. to gain some top end. Currently the boat is running 73-74 (at best) and only turns about 5830 (at most) @ WOT. I know getting some bow lift will help. I purchased a 23p Fury, but it didn't spin any better. Has anyone added wedges and seen an increase in performance? Should I order trim extenders to test this theory? Has anyone used the extenders for long periods of time without issue?

I will say this, I am very happy I made the switch to Phoenix. Been in it for a year now and very pleased!!!!

2. Member
    3 units up front is a lot of weight so try moving everything you can to the rear to try and offset the weight distribution. You'll most likely be looking at a reprop to something that will carry the bow better. Tempest Plus.

3. Member
    I've heard 10 lbs on the bow equals 100 lbs on the stern.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

4. Member
    Bout to send one of my fury props off to get a little
    tuning done. Hoping that will help a little.

5. Member
    I’m interested in this thread as well.

6. Member
    Replace your striker plates,they wear over time and you lose some positive trim. Trim extenders will do you no good,the mercury 4 strokes have a trim sensor and will only allow the motor to be trimmed so high regardless of extenders or not.

7. Member
    It's your bow setup. Wedges won't help because your prop doesn't have enough bite to lift the extra weight. All you'll do is throw a higher tail.
    You either need cup added to the tips of your blades or switch to s tempest.

I experienced the same thing with my 721. Added another graph and 360 and it was very hard to lift the bow even after transferring all heavy tackle to the rear. Had some tip cup added and I had lift again.
    Don't expect all of your speed back either unless your prop was way off out of the box. You'll be expending more energy to lift the bow that was being used for propulsion and the extra stuff up front is quite a bit of wind resistance. J

8. Member
    I don’t know much but what about trying a tempest plus prop I know that prop creates a lot of bow lift.I ran one on my Lund.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

9. Member
    Are you saying you ran 77+ with two persons, live wells full, gear, and say 1/2 tank gas?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by banana0721 View Post
    Are you saying you ran 77+ with two persons, live wells full, gear, and say 1/2 tank gas?
    No i ran 77.6 was fully loaded and solo. Best ive done with 2 people was 75. Bout 74-75 by myself and 72 with 2 people.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    It's your bow setup. Wedges won't help because your prop doesn't have enough bite to lift the extra weight. All you'll do is throw a higher tail.
    You either need cup added to the tips of your blades or switch to s tempest.

I experienced the same thing with my 721. Added another graph and 360 and it was very hard to lift the bow even after transferring all heavy tackle to the rear. Had some tip cup added and I had lift again.
    Don't expect all of your speed back either unless your prop was way off out of the box. You'll be expending more energy to lift the bow that was being used for propulsion and the extra stuff up front is quite a bit of wind resistance. J
    Who worked your prop? I Called Performance Props in Dayton area and will be dropping a prop off to them next week. See what the added cup does for me.

12. Member
    How did the worked prop do?