2002 optimax 225

My oil icon on Merc gauge started buzzing. My oil tank on motor wasn’t filling. I emptied oil from tank in boat and cleaned out tank. A lot of oil gel type gunk. Refilled main tank and started motor again but it still will not refill oil reservoir on engine. I saw small filtwr before tank and am wondering if that could be clogged also? I cleaned screen on oil tank cap in boat also.
    it gives me 4 beeps every couple minutes which I read is the reservoir not filling code.
    Is there any other things that I should think to look for? I think I’ll have to take it to shop since it is getting to where I’m not comfortable.
    any info would be appreciated.
    thank you everyone

Mike

2. Member
    clean inline filter , refill oil tank manually from bottle of oil poured into tank on engine , make sure no air leaks on boat tank or hoses , run engine on lake if full level is not maintained then seek help ,,,, checkout the 30.Lforum 2 more down list and always use ser number for more info on your engine ..... JOE
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moving to 3L Forum.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Thanks Joe! Don’t have way to test the system so planning on taking to shop tomorrow to have it looked at. Thanks for the reply����

5. Member
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................