Alpha 211 jackplate change out

Guys, I'm looking at a 2018 Alpha 211 and it has a manual jackplate. How difficult would it be to switch out to hydraulic. Asking because I'm concerned about accessing the inside of the transom due to gas tank interference. Would the tank need to be removed?

Also, what is the proper jackplate size for the 211? 10" or 12"... research seems to suggest 10"?

Thanks.
    Last edited by jbabin76; 04-26-2023 at 10:13 PM.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

2. Member
    I have a 2015 211 R and if I was going to pull my jack plate I would take the fuel tank out. Mine Has a Bob's jack plate and I think it's a 10 inch i would have to measure it
    Last edited by Montgomery; 04-27-2023 at 02:47 PM.

i have a 10" atlas on my 199. You shouldn't have to remove the tank. Its tight running wires through the top of the transom cap but you should be able to route them with existing transducer wires or through the rigging tube for the outboard.

That said, its not really that hard to remove the tank and if you do i would recommend replacing your bilge and aerator pump cartridges if they are the same age as the boat as its about the only time you'll have easy access to them.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Montgomery View Post
    I have a 2015 211 R and if I was going to pull my jack plate I would take the fuel tank out. Mine Has a Bob's jack plate and I think it's a 10 inch i would have to measure it
    What trolling motor are your running on yours? Looking for shaft length recommendations.

5. Member
    I just did the that swap in 2021 on my 2013 211- the only way to get at the bottom bolts thru the transom is to remove the tank. While it was out I had all the pump cartridges and the flowrite valve replaced just to make it easier. The transom bolts are actually welded to a piece of steel about 3" x 3" and then that is epoxied onto the transom so they may not turn but if you're gonna go to the expense of doing it I also put in all new bolts.

I think you could remove it yourself with a friends help if you can get most of the fuel out -its really only held in by those L brackets on each end. Also gotta get all the wires etc out of the way. If you have a shop do it probably looking at 3 hours just to remove and replace the tank.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MDWood View Post
    I just did the that swap in 2021 on my 2013 211- the only way to get at the bottom bolts thru the transom is to remove the tank. While it was out I had all the pump cartridges and the flowrite valve replaced just to make it easier. The transom bolts are actually welded to a piece of steel about 3" x 3" and then that is epoxied onto the transom so they may not turn but if you're gonna go to the expense of doing it I also put in all new bolts.

I think you could remove it yourself with a friends help if you can get most of the fuel out -its really only held in by those L brackets on each end. Also gotta get all the wires etc out of the way. If you have a shop do it probably looking at 3 hours just to remove and replace the tank.
    Really good information! Thanks... pretty sure I'm going to let it ride as is for now, too many electronics and trolling motor upgrades needed first. But, I'll pull the tank myself, really don't look too complicated.

7. Member
    Tank is not hard to remove if empty.