Lost Key, Need Help

I inherited a 2002 Tracker Pro Team 165 with a Mercury 25hp. My deceased uncle had misplaced the key(s) several years ago. The ignition has a code of 241 on it. My local locksmith said that code was associated with approx 80 different keys and said I should just install a new ignition / key to resolve the issue. I have two questions: is there anywhere I can get just a replacement key? If I replace the ignition switch, how do I know which one to purchase ?(tons of them on Amazon and eBay) Thanks in advance for any help.
    2014 Nitro Z9, Mercury 250 Pro XS, Solix 12’s at console, Solix 12 at bow, Minn Kota Untrex, Garmin 8610 with Garmin Livescope, Minn Kota Talons.

2. Member
    Pull the switch, photograph the wires still plugged in, disconnect wires and take the old switch to your favorite boat dealer. I would trust a parts man to match it rather than myself and Amazon.

3. Member
    Thanks. Was hoping to just find a key but it may come down to replacing the whole thing. I appreciate the input.
    2014 Nitro Z9, Mercury 250 Pro XS, Solix 12’s at console, Solix 12 at bow, Minn Kota Untrex, Garmin 8610 with Garmin Livescope, Minn Kota Talons.

4. Member
    Chances are they've changed the ignitions since 2002 so using CaymasCobaltKen's suggestion for a solution is likely to be the easiest way to go.
    2023 Targa V-19 Combo
    Mercury 200hp XS XL Four stroke
    Garmin Force TM-36v Ionic Lithium Batteries
    Best Speed to date: 51.2mph
    BEST/WORST: Storage / Compartment moisture

5. Member
    Thanks.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyGus View Post
    Chances are they've changed the ignitions since 2002 so using CaymasCobaltKen's suggestion for a solution is likely to be the easiest way to go.
    probably not, it’s probably the standard 6 wire merc wiring. Loosen the nut on the face plate, or climb under the dash and count or write down the color codes. Cross reference woth the quicksilver (mercurys oem parts) and buy, should be $65 with 2 keys or so.

7. Member
    It’s been a while, but I think that I simply bought a spare key with the same 3-digit code on EBay and it works fine. Of course, I’m sort of old so I could be wrong ��