Thread: Raker II Plugs

Raker II Plugs

I have Raker II Prop 14 1/2 X 24 that I need plugs for. Local Prop shop cannot find any
    Attached Images Attached Images

A Raker II has vent holes but there is no plugs made buy Raker/BRP or any other manufacture that fits them. Hence they are non adjustable from the factory. Now if you want to make them adjustable it can be done. Both my Raker II props I had the vent holes modified to accept the Mercury PVS plugs. Mark's Props will charge $30 plus actual shipping cost. If you look at your vent hole you will notice the lip of the hole is smooth. The Mercury PVS holes will be counter sunk. The lip edge created buy the counter sink is what fits inside the channel of the plastic plug once you install it.

Open this link and scroll the cursor over the PVS hole to see them up close. Notice how the hole is counter sunk, then notice how yours is not. For $30 you can get yours modified...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/181222288341

3. Member
    Screenshot 2023-04-27 205012.png

This is interesting information. I have 2 more Raker Props that have adjustable plug type things in them. I will do some more research. Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by jcook; 04-27-2023 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcook View Post
    Screenshot 2023-04-27 205012.png

This is interesting information. I have 2 more Raker Props that have adjustable plug type things in them. I will do some more research. Thanks for your input.
    Thats a Raker HO or 3
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    Thats a Raker HO or 3

The 3 generations of Raker props and their main differences...

1. Original Raker with small non adjustable vents holes. lt has a rubber pressed in hub system.

2. Raker II vent holes are bigger than original Raker but still non adjustable. It has a quick change TBX hub. If a person wants to modify a Raker II so it has adjustable vent holes I covered that in reply #2 in this thread.

3. Raker HO vent holes with built in plugs that can have the size of the hole adjusted buy turning the vent to make it open or close.

There is other small differences between the 3 generations of Raker props but what I listed is the most noticeable differences.
    Last edited by JR19; 04-28-2023 at 09:44 PM.

6. Member
    I understand, Thanks for taking the time to explain it.