Thread: New MGA

New MGA

Started play with the club's men's group last week for two days. Played today and subbing for tonights 9 hole men's league match play.
    Getting to meet some really good guys who love to play golf and seem to get along very well. Friendly and encouraging as can be. Just what I expected out of Texas.

Trying to make a good show this next weekend in the two day Senior Men's Championship, Friday and Saturday.

I will be fishing Lake Fork in my thursday club with Lake Fork Anglers. I hooked and lost a 7+ yesterday in a 3 second battle where she hit at the boat and shot like a rocket up into the air, flipped 180 degrees with tail in the air and threw the bait back at me! What a show!

My move has turned out to be a pretty good one for my wife, grandson and now me!

UPDATE: Just got back from the first evening event for me. 9 holes match play singles. Shot 38 after shooting a 44 earlier this morning. Irons much better. Putter much better. 1 Birdie. And the guys couldn't have been nicer. Very enjoyable round of golf with new folks. Won 3 up and 6 points to 3. One guy had 3 fishing poles in his cart. Younger man-Blackhawk chopper pilot for 20 years.
    Last edited by Bearetta; 04-25-2023 at 09:33 PM.

2. Member
    shot 86/86. At least I was consistently bad. Pulled all my irons left of target. Wind and cold the next day made it tough. Putted so poorly I went to the claw and did a little better the second day. But one 4 putt killed me on an extremely sloped green. Middle of the pack finish. There are some sticks in this group. Played with one who shot 75. Next day played with one who shot 83 but made every putt on the front and a few on the back. Fun to watch. Now back to Lake Fork this week.