Pool 13 Water Level

Hey guys,

Thinking of heading out to Pool 13 this weekend, but I never been out there with the water level this high and it's to supposed to keep rising. I was mainly planning on fishing Spring Lake.

A couple of questions for you:
    • Is it safe?
    • Will the fishing be any good, or am I wasting my time?
    • Where's the best place to launch with this water level? (I was planning on launching at Big Slough/Spring Lake)

Thanks!
    2012 Nitro Z8
    225 Mercury Pro XS

2. Member
    Looks like it's around 19' at Fulton. I've gone out there when it's way up in the trees...must have been like 18-19' don't remember for sure...and had no problem launching at Big Slough and fishing Spring.

3. Member
    Water is super high. I would not go on the main channel at all. Big slough ramp is closed only option is Spring lake Campground to launch. Cost 10$. Stay in spring lake and throw moving baits and flip flooded brush you will catch fish.

4. Member
    Springlake is really only option. I believe Harvester has a tourny there this weekend. I imagine it will be busy as heck there this weekend.

5. Member
    Yes Harvester Bass Club has tournaments going out of Spring Lake campground on Thursday and Sunday this week. So far there's not a lot of signups but we're expecting at least 20 boats. The campground has had plenty of parking in the past. Anyone can still join the club and fish either tournament. We also have a Tuesday evening May 9th open tournament coming up, membership not required. Spring Lake has all kinds of room to fish with these water levels! Check out our website for more details.
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY

6. Member
    Is Big Slough ramp open anyone know?

7. Member
    Believe the river has to be around 18' for Big Slough.
    Last edited by LongHunts; 05-06-2023 at 04:36 PM.

8. Member
    Spring Lake campground has a ramp open
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY