Anyone catching anything?

Real quiet in here...I'm going to try to find shellcrackers this weekend on Dale if the weather holds out. Supposed to rain off an on all week so not sure how well that's going to go.

2. Member
    Been crappie fishing green & cumberland. Caught 40 yesterday on cumberland but mostly small non keeper males that had their tuxedos on. They were black as can be so definitely got spawning on their minds.

3. Member
    I went fishing on Lake Seminole with my neighbor and we caught 33 bream. Funny thing is they would not even look at an earth worm nor a red worm. A cricket on on a #10 didn’t have a chance in he**.

4. Member
    Been catching crappie 12.fo 18 ft off brush a lot of small ones but usually end up with 20 or so keepers all on jigs.
    2016 Phoenix 819 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Kenny

5. Member
    Here in Mid Missouri, I've been catchin some nice redear back in the shallow coves ..... 2 to 5 FOW near creek channel swings, temp around 66, degrees, in stained water.

No bluegill beds quite yet .....

6. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by svh View Post
    Here in Mid Missouri, I've been catchin some nice redear back in the shallow coves ..... 2 to 5 FOW near creek channel swings, temp around 66, degrees, in stained water.

No bluegill beds quite yet .....
    Thanks for the info. I've had the best luck drop shotting for them. How are you catching them?

7. Member
    Small crappie jigs, drop shot rigs and a tiny chunk o worm under a slip float.

8. Moderator
    Ended up bringing home 8 nice bluegill and a 4-5# channel cat. Couldn’t find the shellcracker. Water is still down 3-4’ and has not flooded into the areas I have seen them bedding in the past. Beautiful day overall on one of the most beautiful lakes.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadrashPaul View Post
    Ended up bringing home 8 nice bluegill and a 4-5# channel cat. Couldn’t find the shellcracker. Water is still down 3-4’ and has not flooded into the areas I have seen them bedding in the past. Beautiful day overall on one of the most beautiful lakes.
    Dale Hollow? We fished cumberland today & only caught 14 crappie with only 1 being a keeper. The wind was blowing bad too.

10. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Dale Hollow? We fished cumberland today & only caught 14 crappie with only 1 being a keeper. The wind was blowing bad too.
    Yes sir. I caught two short crappie myself but wasn't really targeting them. Sunday it was very windy and chilly. We fished Saturday and glad we did instead of waiting until Sunday.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Les have you the noticed is the crappie have moved up shallow, or still out in deeper water? We're gonna try this coming weekend, looks like the weather will be right.

12. Member
    Been to old hickory twice and not much going on on the bank.

13. Member
    deleted
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SPOONMINNOW; 12-10-2023 at 10:41 AM.

14. Moderator
    Wow that is crazy. What are you catching them on?

15. Member
    deleted
    Last edited by SPOONMINNOW; 12-10-2023 at 10:40 AM.

16. Member
    Fished harney pond canal/Lake Okeechobee Saturday afternoon Caught some bluegill for dinner and a couple cats.