2002 Cobra 201DC standard fuel tank

I need to replace my fuel tank sending unit, and I got my original order sheet to see which size tank I have though I believe it to be 45 gal.
    However, on the order sheet, it got marked as "standard", which makes things confusing, since I don't know which tank came standard if you ordered it with the 225 EFI.
    I appreciate any info in solving this dilemma, so that I can verify it once I have the seats removed.

Thank you to y'all in advance,
    Frank

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    According to the web site, 45gal was the standard tank.

https://web.archive.org/web/20011129...iperboats.com/

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    According to the web site, 45gal was the standard tank.

https://web.archive.org/web/20011129...iperboats.com/
    Thank you for the link, and after reading it, it is on a 2000 model yr, which I do not know if it is the same as a 2002, since I know that there were changes made.
    If the 45 gal is the standard, than the 35 gal would have been the optional one, which doesn't make sense to me. I wish I would have noticed the original order marked as 'standard', since I would have asked the dealer straight up what he meant by it.

4. Member
    There should be a label on your tank, mine was on the Passenger side corner of the tank. Mine is a 99, and has a 44 gal INCA tank. They changed to Moeller and I would say that is what brand you have. If I remember correctly, in order to have the larger fuel tank, the cooler would be in the floor. Think I remember reading that somewhere. Are you trying to get the measurements of your tank to order the correct sending unit? If all else fails, you can measure the depth of your tank and order one.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno 615 View Post
    There should be a label on your tank, mine was on the Passenger side corner of the tank. Mine is a 99, and has a 44 gal INCA tank. They changed to Moeller and I would say that is what brand you have. If I remember correctly, in order to have the larger fuel tank, the cooler would be in the floor. Think I remember reading that somewhere. Are you trying to get the measurements of your tank to order the correct sending unit? If all else fails, you can measure the depth of your tank and order one.
    Ryno
    I was just doing some pre scouting before I take the seat off, and I thought for sure my order sheet would have this detail, but it didn't get written down. My cooler is in the floor, which is where I keep all my plastics, and the drain is in all the time. I agree with you about the change to Moeller, which is the sending unit I am looking at, and I will be measuring the depth just to be sure.
    Thank you for the intel.
    Frank

Just run the boat til the tank is almost empty, or empty it with a fuel pump and then go see how many gallons you can put in it. They came with 45 or 34 gallon tanks, unfortunately mine was supposed to have the 45 gallon tank, but it had the 34.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx 201 View Post
    Just run the boat til the tank is almost empty, or empty it with a fuel pump and then go see how many gallons you can put in it. They came with 45 or 34 gallon tanks, unfortunately mine was supposed to have the 45 gallon tank, but it had the 34.
    TX201
    I believe that you are right in running it empty, which it is how I found out that my gauge was not reading correctly, since it read 1/4 but it was empty. I have put in a measured 35 gallons and the tank is full to the filler house, which tells me that thought it was perceived for the 45 gallons to be the 'standard', it is not the case.
    I will be taking the seats off soon, and I will know for certain what is under there.

That sucks. Mine shows empty too soon. Guy I bought it from said there are 12 gallons left when it hits E.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ou1dadgumit View Post
    That sucks. Mine shows empty too soon. Guy I bought it from said there are 12 gallons left when it hits E.
    Trust me, it is better it reads empty too soon than saying 1/4 tank but being empty. Praise the Lord, I found out very close to my friend's dock, so I used the TM to get me back to the dock, and get 5 gallons in it to get it on the trailer.

10. Member
    Ain't boating fun ? ! ?

My next project boat will be a 216 Coosa. Anyone know where one is sitting that needs a new home in Nevada, where it's warm, and dry most of the time ? LOL

My 2000 201 would have about 10 gallon in it when it hit empty. The shape of the tank had a lower level and once the sending unit was resting on the side of the tank, there was still pretty good reserve in the sump area. Always had to watch to know when the gauge FIRST read empty, other wise I was wondering when it hit empty and how close I actually was to empty. Sure was fun to drive when the gauge hit empty, these boats come out of the hole like no other, but with just a couple gallons of gas they jump out of the hole. Miss that feeliing with my current boat!