X19 Decking replacement

I have been on hear pestering the fire out of you all and fortunately I have a good buddy on hear who also has an old 21 so we have good support on our new to us purchase... We are so stinking happy with this boat though.

Alright. For todays fun. We are doing our own Amazon sea deck carpet replacement. The carpet was shot on this boat to begin with and every time we hit a big wave we get sprayed with carpet dust. I have the compartments stripped and I think we have a plan on that but does anyone have any pics of how they did this on their own boats? Looking for ideas on the very front of the deck and actually thinking about the console area.

2. Member
    You could try searching the Bassboat Restoration forum. Lots of good info in there. I know a few have done just what you are talking about, maybe not on an Xpress though.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMabus View Post
    I have been on hear pestering the fire out of you all and fortunately I have a good buddy on hear who also has an old 21 so we have good support on our new to us purchase... We are so stinking happy with this boat though.

Alright. For todays fun. We are doing our own Amazon sea deck carpet replacement. The carpet was shot on this boat to begin with and every time we hit a big wave we get sprayed with carpet dust. I have the compartments stripped and I think we have a plan on that but does anyone have any pics of how they did this on their own boats? Looking for ideas on the very front of the deck and actually thinking about the console area.
    I think it may depend on the year model. My son and I bought a 2001 X19 and my initial thought was to also go all EVA foam, after pulling the carpet off, there were not so pretty joints and welds that I felt would not look good with EVA, so we went with carpet pad and carpet on the front deck. I did do the EVA in the cockpit area though. I love it there. You have to think about the areas where hatches are, since you can't effectively bend EVA around the lip, there will be an uncovered surface there. Ideally, you would do a base paint coat or some other covering (gator guard, spray deck, etc). I probably could have forced the issue, but I wanted a decent and comfortable fishing platform more than anything.
    20210321_163206.jpg 20210514_204945 (1).jpg20211213_170832.jpg