Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    I’ve owned a 721 and currently own a 921. Regularly rode in a buddies older Blazer (Believe it was 210?). Didn’t ride too bad but both of the Phoenix boats I owned were significantly better in rough water IMHO and had a better fishing platform (921 significantly better). I thought the fit and finish on his boat was average at best. Other than speed I can’t think of anything the Blazer does better at than a Phoenix. Also believ it’s easier to find a used Phoenix and easier to sell a Phoenix (certainly would be in my area).

2. Member
    I had a blazer, it was a huge turd. The QC was horrible, the factory support to get the crap QC issues fixed was horrible… literally nothing about that experience was close to being the way a new product or customer should experience. Ive never had a Phoenix, but I had his Stratos - and it was an amazing boat. If he builds the phoenix as well as he did the Stratos, its a no brainer.

3. Fishing is a Passion
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Nope
    Bullet 1980, Blazer Boats 1978
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

If you’re a tournament guy you have to give a big check mark to Phoenix for contingency money. It can be some serious money. I think both boats are sharp looking. I d t know which would be faster. No disrespect intended, but I hear quite a few guys complaining about plastic used in trim pieces. I know they don’t hold up over the years, but most of the complainers buy a new boat every 2-3 years. Good luck with your decision.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

5. Member
    Seems like I read somewhere that Blazer was sold to Cape Horn.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    Bullet 1980, Blazer Boats 1978
    Brooks Bullet was the original

7. Member
    I’ve owned a Blazer, would never ever buy another. Maybe they are better now, but it doesn’t matter after my experience with them. Phoenix…..no question, 100%

I like Phoenix because I have one. A 2015 721 with Fine Corinthian Leather dash panels. A little 303 wipe down and they look new Ricardo. Best customer service in the industry and a nice ride.

Either. Both great boats

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    I am pretty sure Blazer was around before Bullet
    I was referring to the 20’ Bullets which were built before the Blazer 20’ models. Early Blazer boats looked nothing like a Bullet.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

11. Member
    Phoenix for myself as there is a dealer real close and they are priced pretty well also.

12. Member
    The Blazer 650 is an great boat. I took one for a test drive and loved it. The fit and finish is way better than Phoenix. The ride is just as good and they are fast. I enjoyed my Phoenix while I had it but it's so competitive now there are a few other brands I would get before I would buy another Phoenix.

If you want a very objective opinion from someone who isn't a fanboy who has ran both as well as many other brands, talk to falconpilot. He has been extremely helpful in my decision making process. I has even let me test drive one of his prior boats. If you need help getting in contact with him let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by Craigjc00; 04-23-2023 at 10:55 PM.

13. Member
    “By the time I get to Phoenix”….my Triton will be gone…

One of the most important factors when I buy a boat is resale value. IMO, Blazer would not hold a candle to Phoenix in this category. So there's my decision....
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

15. Member
    I've owned both.......Phoenix gets the nod.

16. Member
    I researched and looked at both these boats for some time before making a purchase. I owned a 202 Blazer back in the day and have always loved the looks of them, still do. I made a couple trips out of state to look at a couple blazers that were 2022 year model boats, one 625 and one 650. Both had fit/finish issues as well as compartment lids alignment issues that I couldn't look past. I've heard both of these have been addressed and the 2023s are like they should be. The fit/finish of the Phoenix at the time I researched was a good bit better than the Blazer, cleaner lines, less running on the pins. Fishability should be fairly the same on both boats although I do prefer the front deck layout of the Blazer. I would think the Phoenix should ride slightly better as it's deadrise looks to be steeper which should make it cut the waves better. I like that I get no backwash with the Phoenix as it's something you'll have to deal with in a Blazer. Customer service of the Phoenix is up there with the best.

Quote Originally Posted by 99R93S View Post
    I love this board. Ask a question about something and within 6 posts someone telling you, no don’t get what you want, get what I have. Of course soon followed by no no get what I have instead.
    YUP! The question was Blazer or Phoenix, NOT Bass Cat
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    Fit and finish, Blazer by FAR

fishability? I’m not sure what that even means

Ride. It’s a modern bass boat…they all ride the same

Wouldn’t hesitate to own either

Central Georgia Marina in Macon, GA has both

Ive been talking myself out of this one daily
    https://www.centralgeorgiamarina.com...1220-11772362i
    Great guys to deal with, bought a used skeeter from them last year.

Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Phoenix may have a little longer, established history and that may be something I'd think about. I could be wrong. Beyond that, I really like the front deck layout of the Blazers, height of deck, and the performance of the hulls. You could go back and watch Ken Smith's Blazer video. The sales rep from Blazer on the videos really knew a lot about the Blazers.

Trailer, curious who makes Blazers trailers. Phoenix/MarineMaster has had/has issues.
    Blazer has been around a lot longer than Phoenix. I remember looking at Blazers in 2008 as they were known to go faster than most other bass boats. Since then, with the 625 and especially with the 650 Pro Tour, they have bigger fishing platforms. Same with all major boat manufacturers in the early 2000's, they had skinny decks. Now they have wider decks.

I like both boat brands. I love how Pheonix has dedicated net storage whereas Blazer does not. I love the livewells of Blazers as they are absolutely great for fish care. I ended up getting the 650 Pro Tour for fishing the great lakes. To me, it has been awesome. I am still learning to drive it however, I really like it.

Friend of mine sold his Blazer and bought a Phoenix. I like my Phoenix but have only looked at his Blazer before he sold it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast