4/22 snow globe fishing.

Got a good start today on the water 7am cold as crap too!! Glad i know how to dress. I was at a really good lake. Got all the rods out and started fishing… spinner bait,chatter bait,crank bait, Jig,jerkbait,glide bait,swim bait, trap, c-rig… Zero bites at 1 o-clock. Fished in snow,sleet, rain wind and no bites!! I was mad! I sat down had a snake and drink, decided to put all my rods away and get out 3 different baits….started fishing a little different with in 10min had a 3lb hmm. That was the clue I needed!! Continue to hammer on them for about 1hr and best 5 was 19.44lb funny thing was there seemed to be only one stretch of shore that had them. And they shut off after 2pm.
    The deal was for that short time you had to cast ON the bank. The baits were a black & blue sq-bill and a B&B chatter bait. Wt 53/54 dirty water as well. 8” visibility.
    I’ll try posting pictures later for some reason it won’t let me now?

2. Member

3. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Good job braving the cold and figuring them out. Too cold for my pansy butt this morning.

4. Member
    Way to stick with it. I can all but guarantee I would have gotten off the water if I'd gone six hours without a bite in those conditions. You must have been really mad to have a snake with your drink

5. Member
    Lol!!! Spelling and typing have never been my strong suit… If my family wasn’t gone shopping I probably would have left at 12 but with no one home figured I would just stay. This lake has really got some big fish in it so that helps.

6. Member
    I'm sure you're glad you stayed...going from zero to almost 20 pounds in an hour...wow! I have to say I have run into similar things in the early Spring and later in the Fall where you come across a school of nice ones and if you can get them fired up and feeding you can really smack them for a little while. How big was your biggest that day? The one in the pic looks like a really nice one.

7. Member
    5.88 So close to the magic 6lb mark. One weighed 4.72 but was a good 2” longer than the 5.88 when she gets filled out I would like to catch her!!

8. Member
    Very nice! It's always amazing how much weight they can pack on. Based on another thread of yours, it sounds like you've gotten two fish this spring that are awfully close to that 6 pound mark. I'm definitely jealous. I've only been out a few times but my biggest this spring has been a little over 4 pounds, so I've been a little disappointed. Usually I catch my biggest fish of any given year in the early spring.

9. Member
    Yeah it has been a good spring. The big key is I’m fishing a lake that had some big bass. It’s probably at a peak time in the cycle of big bass life in it, not well known, hard to fish from shore, and hard to get a boat in. Lol I’m pretty quiet about telling anyone about it as well.
    There’s places around that have big bass but there just harder to catch and I don’t think the population is as big. There’s also lots of places that the bass top out at 4lb in my opinion. I really think catch and release works!! I can remember fishing this one farm pond and me and my dad would catch the same two 5lb bass all summer for a couple years. The rest of the bass were small. Well he told somebody about it and they fished it and thought they needed to take those 2 big bass out so the little ones could grow. They never grew and it was never fun to fish again lol. That’s one reason I love fishing so much I can hunt big bass and catch one if I’m lucky… hug it kiss it what ever LOL then watch it swim away. I use the to hunt big bucks (killed some) they don’t get to run off… All I really wanted was that picture of me and the big rack. :-) no offense to anyone that likes to hunt at all I’ve just changed my interests.