20XDC planned switch to lithium. Need ballast? Other issues?

Thinking of switching to lithium batteries for my 20XDC/250 Racing Merc 2 cycle.
    Have hydraulic jack plate. 3 group 31 AGM batteries, 2 port side, crank on starboard.
    I fish alone quite often. What can I expect regarding performance? I assume hole shot would be a bit better. Not that concerned about top end. I have seen on some posts where ballast was needed to balance the boat when running alone. Also some loss of bow lift. Boat is well balanced now, sits pretty low in the stern.
    So what are your experiences and recommendations? Thanks!

2. Member
    When I switched to lithium batteries I ended up moving the cranking battery to the port side. I saw no issues with bow lift. Hole shot was better and didnt get the back deck as wet if I had to shut down fast. Didnt do much for top end , maby a mph or two.

3. Member
    I Ran lithium batteries for 8 years in my 20XD/300XS. You'll 100% loose bow lift and you will have to be more mindful on how you place your fishing gear. When driving alone my port side would lift like crazy, im 240lbs tho. Which im sure would be better with a lighter driver. Even with a passenger i'd still get slight port side lift if i didn;t have my load placed correctly.

I had to add a bit more cup to my prop to make up for the bow lift i lost. After i got everything dialed the boat was a absolute rocket. I could run 100mph 2 guys tournament loaded with a full tank of gas. If you want to know more i can go more in detail on my setup.
    Last edited by hyperflow; 05-02-2023 at 05:25 PM.

Hyper…what PTP did you end up runnin …
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Hyper…what PTP did you end up runnin …
    I ran a hydraulic plate, I would take off 1inch below pad to about level to pad then I would just lift tell i got to around 12-10psi of water pressure. The higher i went the faster it went.

If i holeshoted above pad the prop would just slip to much.