Thread: Jordan today

Jordan today

I guess the bass & the crappie have mostly spawned out. Got 2 blow ups on frogs the first 30 min then nothing. No fish for us at all today. We should have tried deep to 15’ but I thought they had to be shallow in brush, trees that had big fish a cpl weeks ago had nothing today.

SO WE WENT crappie fishing.
    ALL crappie was 11” males and
    ALL in less than 5’ of water up
    Robinson creek on the left 1/2 way
    back to about 100’ past the ramp.
    ALL fish was on jigs. If there was laydowns
    or brush there was Crappie. ALL was
    BEAUTIFUL black crappie. They hit it
    you knew it. We brought home 20
    And left another 100 for others. Not a single
    female. We did catch 5 white bass. One was
    A little over 3 lbs. Others was 12” or so.
    I’ve fished her now 3 years and never
    caught white bass in Jordan until today
    and we catch 5. Carl did catch a 3 lb striper
    that was rowdy.
    I bet we caught 50 crappie that was between
    2-4 inches long.
    Color doesn’t matter but a little advice.
    Bring a bottle of niblets. The silver ones
    worked best for us. IT DID matter everyone!

Good luck and be safe.
    debris floating folks.

2. Member
    I feel the pain on the bass. I went yesterday and fished 9 hours and never boated a single bass. First time in my life I have ever zeroed in the month of april. We resorted to cathing a mess of crappie to eat as well.

3. Member
    I’d sure like to know what I did wrong. I’m not a weekend warrior. Well now I guess I am but I’ve won a lot of money fishing the past 40 years and to get only 2 bass yesterday was just hard shaking the feeling of I just don’t have it anymore. But the crappie feeling was awesome throwing that 64ths ounce head swimming it 5’ then doing it all over again. Just a crazy feeling I guess. Congrats on getting on some crappie yesterday.

By the way. That BIG TALL TREE that was standing on its end holding all those monster 2 lb crappie this past year in the mouth of the south end of the S curve. If you’re looking for it, try looking in front of the Poes ramp. Serious folks, that’s where Sandy told me yesterday is where it ended up lol

Half of a bass' job every day is to make you feel like you don't know what you are doing. The other half is eating.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

5. Member
    My son and I went yesterday also, he caught 1 white bass and 1 largemouth about 2 lbs, as far as white bass we were there a couple weeks ago and caught 40 in a little over an hour.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bruhn View Post
    I’d sure like to know what I did wrong. I’m not a weekend warrior. Well now I guess I am but I’ve won a lot of money fishing the past 40 years and to get only 2 bass yesterday was just hard shaking the feeling of I just don’t have it anymore. But the crappie feeling was awesome throwing that 64ths ounce head swimming it 5’ then doing it all over again. Just a crazy feeling I guess. Congrats on getting on some crappie yesterday.

By the way. That BIG TALL TREE that was standing on its end holding all those monster 2 lb crappie this past year in the mouth of the south end of the S curve. If you’re looking for it, try looking in front of the Poes ramp. Serious folks, that’s where Sandy told me yesterday is where it ended up lol

You and me both. Every time we have summer in february it screws the whole rest of the spring up especially after having zero winter. I hope it never happens again. Fishing is supposed to be very simple this time of the year. I went to a lake I've never really fished much during april but still......fishing is dummy proof in april most of the time.

Anybody do any good today? Just a couple of dinks for me walking the bank. Didn't get bit until it started raining and the wind calmed down a bit.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bruhn View Post

I hear ya man! I really struggle to know what I did wrong when I blank as well! Just eats at you. I am glad to hear though that I’m not the only one that struggles there sometimes. I heard a podcast lately about Jordan and they made it sound like jordan was just really easy to catch bass…but yeh I’ve not found that to be true. Good luck and don’t beat yourself up too much! I think it’s got to be the pressure these fish are getting! More than any time in history I think