Asking for a friend

The title is not a joke. A good friend bought a VX-20 new, had it rigged with (2) Solix units at the helm, (1) Solix and (1) Garmin at the bow. All graphs work well and he has no issue.
    The (2) 12" units at the helm are mounted on a BBT mount, this was a dealer recommendation and it is a solid well built mount.

Here is the problem, Vexus uses a round key pad/ start button that is roughly gauged sized and it is now "behind" the left side Solix.
    As a passenger I watch him struggle to "feel" his way on the multi function button to start his boat and more often than not he has to lean forward and around to the left to see what he is doing.

He could use a key fob but prefers to button, can this thing be relocated? Has anyone done that from this issue?

2. Member
    I had mine built with the gauges relocated because of that problem so they for sure can be moved, question is, what to do about the empty holes if he relocates them? (I did have to turn them to square them up but wasn’t a big deal)

9C83C2CF-3A96-4BD6-BACE-EC9DB8A5BF26.jpeg 8441FB29-989E-40C0-ADED-A6C823C97222.jpeg
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing