Installation when buying online?

If PowerPoles/Talons are bought online, has it been difficult to get them installed? All the boat shops in a 1 hour radius of me stay very busy, so I was thinking they might not be thrilled to install product I bought elsewhere. What has your experience been?
    ----
    Ranger z21
    Mercury Pro XS 250
    Lowrance HDS Live 12 and HDS Touch 9
    Ultrex 112 lb

Most places are going to jack you on labor anyway, so probalby won't be an issue. But may require an appt, I had to make appt almost 4 weeks in advance to get my Jackplate installed.

That being said, PP installation is actually relatively straitforward... if you are comfortable working on your boat at all you can likely do it yourself. There are several YT vids that go through the entire process that can help also.

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    zero issues getting a install done bringing in your own parts. however install is pretty easy and straight forward especially if you have a Jackplate. If we can help you in anyway let us Know. Americas largest Powerpole dealer. KandKKustomz.com

I installed a set all by myself and it was very easy. It took me less than 2 hours and I went slowwwww.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    I cant see paying anyone to install a set of poles.

6. Member
    I've installed Raptors on my boat and Talons on a buddies boat...neither are very hard to install.

7. Member
    This is good to know. My last boat did not have a jackplate and I had to take the motor off to get the support bracket in between the motor and the transom. This boat does have a jackplate (Bob's Machine Shop), so it sounds like it is easier and doesn't require hoisting the 250 motor.
    Last edited by cdc2010; 04-20-2023 at 08:44 PM.
    ----
    Ranger z21
    Mercury Pro XS 250
    Lowrance HDS Live 12 and HDS Touch 9
    Ultrex 112 lb

8. Member
    I've installed 5 sets of PP's over the past 10 years or so, 3 for my boats and the others for a couple of friends. I've also installed a set of Talons for a friend, twice as he changed boats. I just put a set on my new Triton (thanks to Kevin at K&K). I had no help from anyone and I'm 75 years old with a couple of knees due for replacing. With a jack plate it's much easier. Just be sure you know exactly where you want the hoses to enter thru the splash well because once the holes are drilled, well, you know.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    I've installed 5 sets of PP's over the past 10 years or so, 3 for my boats and the others for a couple of friends. I've also installed a set of Talons for a friend, twice as he changed boats. I just put a set on my new Triton (thanks to Kevin at K&K). I had no help from anyone and I'm 75 years old with a couple of knees due for replacing. With a jack plate it's much easier. Just be sure you know exactly where you want the hoses to enter thru the splash well because once the holes are drilled, well, you know.