Replaced carpet for the first time can’t get off glue

I have a 99 triton tr21, I decided to replace the carpet myself for the first time. It came out good but I used to much glue in some areas. I have glue along the sides on the fiberglass, any recommendations to clean that up without ruining the gel coat? Thanks for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Maybe try a little acetone and scrape lightly with a plastic razor blade. Do not use alot of acetone or let a rag wet with it sit on the gelcoat.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

3. Member
    Try some goo gone or WD40 and a plastic scraper

Did you use carpet glue or contact cement? if glue then try the tips posted above. The plastic razor blade scraper works great for removing without damaging the gel coat.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    If contact cement can’t you put fresh contact cement on dried cement and reactivate it? Would be easier to get off then?

6. Member
    I used acetone on my ‘99 Tr19, got it all off nicely, just work in small sections. Wet it, scrape it, then wipe off excess with another rag.

7. Member
    Xylene works better at getting the glue off than acetone. It does not evaporate as quickly and softens the glue faster. And it does not affect the gel coat.

8. Member
    Tip: when you get into a tight area to carpet, use the blue painters tape to mask off the area where you don't want the glue.
    1998 Triton TR-20, 2017 Evinrude 150HO