Hales Bar Marina floating cabins

Have any of you stayed in these? Thinking of taking a last minute weekend trip and renting one. Looks really cool and would be really awesome to tie up the boat just outside of it.

2. Member
    We fished there a couple years ago, my partner and I stayed in a cabin on the land, you cannot drag a boat down there and have to charge in the parking lot next to the office. A couple guys had the floating cabins. One of them was eat up with bed bugs pretty bad so he left and drove 30 mins to a hotel. Two years ago all their cabins were pretty rundown down and there was no phone service. They were installing a wifi network but it was not up yet. If that's up just check for bed bugs real good, but that is so about anywhere you go these days.

3. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    We fished there a couple years ago, my partner and I stayed in a cabin on the land, you cannot drag a boat down there and have to charge in the parking lot next to the office. A couple guys had the floating cabins. One of them was eat up with bed bugs pretty bad so he left and drove 30 mins to a hotel. Two years ago all their cabins were pretty rundown down and there was no phone service. They were installing a wifi network but it was not up yet. If that's up just check for bed bugs real good, but that is so about anywhere you go these days.
    Thanks John. I'm going to hold off on it for now. Seen a lot of reviews about them being pretty run down as well as marina. My son's birthday is next week and wanting to take him fishing somewhere we have never been.

4. Member
    I stayed in a floating cabin in Ten Mile Tn. years back. I don't remember the name though.
    I understand this wasn't the town you are looking for, but these were really nice and yes, it was cool parking your boat next to your floating cabin.
    The place also had a nice restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Aj14 View Post
    I stayed in a floating cabin in Ten Mile Tn. years back. I don't remember the name though.
    I understand this wasn't the town you are looking for, but these were really nice and yes, it was cool parking your boat next to your floating cabin.
    The place also had a nice restaurant.
    Sounds like you are describing Euchee Marina.

I stayed at Hales Bar, in one of the floating cabins a few years ago in September and it was very hot. Unit had 2 air conditioning units that just couldn't keep up with the heat. However its was abnormally hot (100+ degree day) nrat is correct cell service was extremely poor. No other issues with the cabin other than that shower was designed for a 4 foot person.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB