Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Compression numbers are 116,119,120,121,119,120- that's 1-6,I seem to be getting full throttle at least the butterfly's are all opening the same and lying flat?

2. Member
    I'm also running for Ionic batteries, so the tail end is definitely much lighter

3. Member
    What HP is your engine after the hydrotec upgrades? What speed do you expect from your engine? With a 206 Champ, a 225Hp engine is not going to get you to 70mph. When you changed your batteries from lead acid/AGM to Lithium, you removed about 200lbs from the stern which shifted all that weight to the bow.

As for the JP, you would need more than a 10" JP to move the engine back to offset a bit of the lost 200 pounds. I have no idea what size JP you could safely operate with.
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

4. Member
    Not sure on the horsepower, last year I did wiseco pistons hydrotech stage 2 high compression heads and carbon fiber reeds, and the batteries as well, yeah I know it's not going to be super fast I'm just hoping to see 63 64 65 somewhere in there, I'm going to try 2.5° shims with the 2-in spacers that will give me a little over 12 in of setback, if that gives me a couple three miles an hour more I'm going to call it good

5. Member
    Just seems odd that while running the 24”, you're in the power band and it should have more speed. The 25” is lugging the motor down, with the low RPM’s. Yes, a 25 will sometimes give you faster speeds, but it’s usually when it’s in the power band range.

and on top of that, your motor being modded, should naturally be a tad faster than factory.

Have you tried adding 75-100lbs on the back deck (way back) or in the bilge?

6. Member
    Have you checked to see if all the cylinders are firing? Also check fuel lines to make sure ethanol hasn’t damaged them. It sounds more like a motor issue than setup issue. You can get it setup right when motor is running right. I’d put a couple 50 pound bags of sand on back deck and go run it and see if it changes how it runs. That would eliminate the lithium causing the change. I did lithium trolling motor batteries and pulled charger out and I didn’t have to change anything for setup. Might help to post a few pictures of motor / jack plate and transom area.

7. Member
    Ok I'll try the added weight,a couple years ago I replaced all the lines from the tank to the motor when I did the low pressure pump delete with the electric Holley pump,as far as the firing all the plugs always setto be real close in color, but I guess that doesn't meen it's not breaking down under a load, how would I check that? It never feels like I have a miss? I am at about 3000-3400 ft above sea level

8. Member
    The elevation is killing your speed. You need to drop to a good 23 or 24 tempest plus and see what it does. Most 24 tempests are not good out of box. Or buy the rest of the phase kit from hydrotec and add more power. You are losing at least 10% due to the elevation.

9. Member
    Could definitely be the elevation, I doubt most of us have to deal with that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123