Thread: Lake Leelanu

Lake Leelanu

How’s the fishing on Lake Leeanu? Wife wants to take up the
    RV for a few days.
    Last edited by rangered; 04-18-2023 at 08:36 PM.

2. Member
    If you go in January bring an auger.
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX
    Mercury 250 4 Stroke

can be good in spring but not the easiest place to dial in on them quick. nice lake to stay on though. The bay is pretty close as are a few smaller lakes that will be easier to find fish on.

4. Member
    In general everything is fishing well up here. I haven't had the chance, but I've heard good things. Bay's are still very cold.

I did a video there a couple springs ago that is up on our channel. We got into some decent ones, but not a lot. Really about timing. I think it was probably 10 years ago I got on them around the same time of year and they were stacked. It's all about timing. Hard to find if they aren't up. I had no luck finding them deeper.

6. Member
    One of our members once told me there is no dock too shallow on Leelanau. We used to rent a house every summer on the lake and in the morning there were crayfish all over the bottom right off shore in a foot of water. Just something to keep in mind. I didn't spend much time on the north lake. I didn't do well at all on the south lake. It is a tough lake to fish and imo there are easier lakes to fish in the area.

7. Member
    Lots of 2.75lb-3.5lb smallmouth, but they are not the easiest to catch unless you hit it right. Other lakes in the area are easier to fish. Some of the biggest rock bass you'll ever see are in there too.
    -Matt