Terrova spinning on spot lock

All seems to work fine but until I hit spotlock. The head spins close to 360 degress and then spotlock disengages. Like it's looking to connect to the shaft or something.

Question - see the pic below. Does the spacer tab supposed to sit into the flat side of the shaft? I've never messed with anything and the screws that hold the collar on seem tight. The collar won't turn on the shaft unless I loosen the screws, doing that doesn't seem right.

When I mention "collar" I don't mean the one that adjust the shaft up/down.

It's not an issue of letting Spotlock settle down into position. I tried after waiting a while so the GPS could lock in and it would have to backtrack or look for position.
    IMG_20230418_124041603_HDR.jpg

Just curious. Did you calibrate the TM and sensor? Two complete circles after selecting calibrate on the remote.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Archer View Post
    Just curious. Did you calibrate the TM and sensor? Two complete circles after selecting calibrate on the remote.
    Yes, after my software update, I did the double circle calibrate.

4. Member
    Hard to tell from the pic, but the tab that the collar is sitting on needs to engage a slot in the steering collar. I had a Terrova on my last boat and had to replace that part twice. It snaps when the motor hits an object and twists. Not sure if that is your issue or not.

5. Member
    If you have updated the software then you should take a look at the boat scale to see if it has changed. I will usually default to 0 when an update is done. On remote system menu. Make sure the remote software is up to date also if you have a foot pedal.

6. Member
    Went out this morning and tried Auto Pilot. Worked fine. Then tried Spot Lock, worked perfect. Who knows how the GPS gremlins got out.

7. Member
    Mine went crazy spinning & i thought it was going to tear the wires out of the head. I tried manually pulling it up & the pedal came apart in my hand so i shut it off & removed boat cover plate & reach in there & disconnected it. Called Johnson Outdoors & they sent me another one. I hooked it up & so far it has worked perfectly even though i've started using the remote a lot more since.