Experiences with Seastar Extreme Jackplate??

Curious to see what the pros and cons are for the Seastar Extreme Hydraulic Jackplates. Getting ready to recover and was trying to decide between CMC again or swap to another manufacturer. Thanks for any help.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ'11BassPortElite View Post
    Curious to see what the pros and cons are for the Seastar Extreme Hydraulic Jackplates. Getting ready to recover and was trying to decide between CMC again or swap to another manufacturer. Thanks for any help.
    I recently put one on my 2 + 2. Still need more time with it to give a true review. So far, I can tell you it's much more responsive. Seems like I can raise the motor approximately 1/4" with just a tap of the blinker. On my CMC from the factory, I could max out the height on my JP and still maintain well over 20 psi. I changed out because I knew I could run the engine at a greater height and still maintain a safe psi.

Tim Powell would be the man to talk to. He's logged a lot more hours on it than I have.

Not even close. No cons at all on the sea star extreme. Don’t even think another minute about it. The CMC is junk compared to the sea star. I’ve had both.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

4. Member
    That's what's on my XB21. Have no complaints on it at all.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

5. Member
    Tim Powell fixed me up with a set back plate that bolts to the SeaStar jack plate a very slick deal.

Seastar plates are great. I wouldn't think twice about getting one. Tim Powel can set you up with the right stuff.

I have a bobs extreme plate on my 450R boat and it is great as well. I had the same plate on my Allison 300R and liked it as well.

As others have said. If you are buying a new plate, I would look past the CMC. For nearly the same money the other two are much better choices.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

I use them on quite a few boats, the best part is that they are very stiff, no flex because they travel on thick tubes, as opposed to a plate. They are a little heavy but are very good. Plus the finish is really durable. I've run them offshore in the ocean no issues. I actually like the CMC with the smaller engines too, it's pretty good.