Wheel bearing Identification

Can some one tell me what the difference is between these two bearings.

L44649 Bearing and a LM44649 Bearing.
    I can't find anything that explains what the "M" designation means

Thanks for the help.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

2. Member
    As I understand it….LM or linear motion bearings are employed to reduce friction in ‘sliding applications’ not ‘rotational applications’.

L or tapered roller bearings control both radial and thrust forces and are commonly used on axles.

I did find a LM44649 tapered roller bearing on-line but for tge life of me cannot understand using the LM designation for it.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

3. Member
    https://reprap.org/wiki/Linear_bearing
    Name

LM8UU linear bearings are the most common type of bearings used in RepRap/ Mendel / Prusa. The prefix "LM" denotes that the bearing is intended for linear motion, distinguishing it from rotation ball bearings. The number refers to the diameter of the shaft that the bearing will fit on. The suffix letter appears to refer to the design of the bearing. V and U appear to refer to types of bearing seals (V indicates a non-contact seal, and U indicates a contact seal), whereas Z indicates that the bearing has been shielded instead of sealed. Single letters indicate that the bearing is single sealed/shielded, whereas double letters (for example, "UU") indicate that the bearing has been double sealed/shielded.There are also many other types of bearings such as LMk8UU, LMKL8UU. For different length, there could be another prefix letter before seal prefix, say S for 'short' and 'L' for long. ex: LM8SUU or LM8LUU. Long bearings are used for stabilisation instead of doubling the bearing.

4. Member
    Most of the cup and cone type bearings you see are Timken. The prefix L means light series. LL means light/light series. LM mean light/medium. MM means medium/medium. Certainly not all but most trailers bearings will most likely be Timken. The prefixes I listed are probably the only ones that you will ever see in a trailer application. I will tell you they are not always interchangeable with other like numbers when the prefix is different.

Bruin bass is correct. Look on page three (inch tapered roller bearings) of the link, the designations are explained.

https://www.bearing.co.il/4-AM7B.pdf